- Actress Lee Yul-eum faces potential jail time in Thailand for illegally fishing giant clams on an episode of SBS‘ Law of the Jungle.
- An arrest warrant has been issued for actor Ji Hwan-in who is accused of sexually assaulting two staff members. In a rare move, Ji issued a public apology to the victims.
- B.A.P.‘s Himchan was also in court this week facing charges of indecent assault. Himchan and his lawyers maintain that his actions stemmed from mutual interest and “implied consent.”
- Kangin has officially left Super Junior and Label SJ. He is, however, still under SM Entertainment.
- The illusive Madame Jung of Burning Sun fame, came forward this week to confirm that Yang Hyun-suk solicited prostitutes to provide sexual services to business partners.
Debuts & Comebacks
- Check out our playlist of all the week’s releases above!
- Ha Sungwoon kept with the theme in “Blue.”
- Limitless debuted with “Dream Play.”
- Melomance sang of enduring young love in “You & I.”
- Exo‘s Baekhyun made his official solo debut with City Lights and the MV for “UN Village.”
- Hongbin and Hyungwon‘s “Cool Love” is one of the better Pepsi commercials I’ve seen in a while.
- Nature weren’t afraid to brag a little in “I’m So Pretty.” Check out our review here.
- 1Team‘s “Rolling Rolling” is a fun enough summer jam to warrant a couple replays.
- Paul Kim‘s “Try” had a special feature from Taeyeon.
- A group of international students came together to share “Popsicle” under the name UHSN. They might have no intentions of being a real K-pop group, but they’ve definitely got the summer release formula down.
- Lee Gaeun promised to “Remember You.”
- Ateez shared a performance video for “Aurora.”
Teasers & Announcements
- Day6 shared a sample of their July 15 album The Book of Us: Gravity.
- KNK‘s S/S Collection promises to a very fashionable release.
- Teasers are beginning to drop for Pentagon‘s July 17 mini Sum(me:r).
- It’s time for NCT‘s Taeyong to have his own Station track. “Long Flight,” is is set for departure on July 18.
- Exo-SC‘s What a Life will have three title tracks.
- The third installment of GWSN‘s The Park in the Night series will be released on July 23 — by the looks of it, it’ll have just as much whimsy as the previous parts of the trilogy.
- Itzy are keeping things cool in the teasers for It’z ICY. The July 29 release will feature yet another Park Jin-young title track, “Icy.”
- LM Entertainment‘s appeal over Kang Daniel‘s contract suspension was rejected by Seoul courts.
- Speculation is swirling around Ailee‘s lack of promotions for her “Room Shaker” comeback, with some sources wondering if YMC is blacklisting her.
- Twice‘s Mina will be sitting out the group’s upcoming Twicelights tour to focus on her health.
- Park Yoochun will not appear on MBC for the time being.
- Both Exo and BTS will receive Dubai Stars for their global impact on music.
- The 2019 Miss Korea winner Kim Se-yeon is already under controversy as it was revealed her father is Kim Chang-hwan — the CEO accused of assaulting the members of East Light.
- Hyeri faced criticism for promoting her sister’s online store on an episode of Amazing Saturday.