Welcome to another edition of SB Week in Review! Here’s all the news you might have missed:
- G-Dragon‘s case was examined by the Military Discharge Review Committee, and he was deemed fit to continue his active duty service.
- Damning information continues to be released the the Seungri/ Burning Sun scandal. This week (unconfirmed) text messages were released through SBS FunE that showed Seungri promising women to a Yuri Holdings client. Seungri also completed a round of police questioning, and passed a drug test. YG and Seungri continue to deny any claims of wrong doing — and destruction of evidence — but in the meantime Seungri has canceled all upcoming schedules. Expect a more detailed write-up from us of all the developments soon!
- The Korean Music Awards were held on February 26 with Jang Pil Soon’s Soony Eight took home album of the year, while BTS were crowned Artist of the Year, and “Fake Love” song of the year.
Debuts & Comebacks
- (G)I-dle stumbled with “Seniorita” according to our reviewer.
- Super Junior released a lovely parody video of Luis Miguel’s “Ahora Te Puedes Marchar” starring Yuri. Thoughts on those blond wigs?
- Kang Minkyung sang of lost love in “Because I Love You.”
- Park Yoochun returned with “Slow Dance.”
- Golden Child‘s Joochan shared his solo, “A Song for Me.”
- Ha Sungwoon (Hotshot) had his Moment in his first solo release, “Bird.”
- A Train to Autumn said “Farewell Again.”
- Shindong and UV collaborated for this week’s SM Station release, “Cheer Man.”
Teasers & Announcements
- There are a lot of comebacks to look forward to this month.
- Sunmi’s “Noir” looks like another aesthetically tongue-in-cheek release.
- Key‘s I Wanna Be repackage will be the singer’s final release before he begins his military service later this month.
- Infinite‘s Dongwoo will make his solo debut with “News.”
- TXT‘s debut edges closer: the group shared a preview of all their debut tracks, and the MV teaser for “Crown.” The group’s official debut will happen on March 4.
- Got7 sub-unit Jus2 will also debut on the 4th with “Focus on Me.”
- Ravi will come back with “Tuxedo” and a new mini album on the same day.
- Dal Shabet‘s Dalsoobin will debut “Ketchup” on March 5.
- NCT‘s Doyoung collaborated with Rocoberry for “We Should Not Party,” due out on March 6.
- Anda will finally return with “What You Waiting For.”
- Hong Jin-young will share Lots of Love on March 8.
- Mamamoo‘s Wheein will feature on DinDin‘s upcoming, and unknown, track on March 9.
- Epik High‘s collab-loaded album Sleepless in _______ “In Seoul” will drop on March 11. Which featuring artist are you most excited to hear?
- Pentagon sub-unit Wooseok x Kuanlin shared the track list for their March 11 mini album, 9801.
- Dream Note will return with their second single album Dream Us on March 12.
- We’re still waiting on more details for Park Bom‘s March 13 comeback — featuring Sandara and Brave Brothers.
- Have you kept up with the very floral teasers for GWSN‘s second mini album, The Park in the Night: Part 2?
- Mamamoo shared the schedule for the final installment of their 4 Season Project, White Wind, comeback this month.
- 100% went RE:tro in the image teasers for their March 14 return.
- DIA‘s Jenny will not take part in the group’s comeback due to a knee injury.
- (G)I-dle’s Soyeon had to issue an apology after being caught using pirated files.
- The ex-girl friend of Kim Jung-hoon has filed a lawsuit against the actor, saying that he pressured her to have an abortion after discovering she was pregnant. Kim’s side responded by denying the accusations and promising Kim will take responsibility for the child if it is his.
- The charges of trespassing and assault in relation to Kang Sunghoon (Sechskies) and his girlfriend, were forwarded to prosecution on January 17.
- Rain and Kim Tae-hee are expecting their second child. Congrats!