Welcome to another edition of SB Week in Review! Here’s all the news you might have missed:
- After the court ruled to have Jun Hyosung‘s contract terminated, and for TS Entertainment pay her 130 million won along with her court fees, the company said that they will appeal the ruling.
- Following BTS‘ Shirt controversy, Big Hit Entertainment came forward with an apology with regards to clothing choices of their artists, their political stances and the actions they’re taking. Soon after, a representative from the company visited the Hapcheon Atomic Bomb Museum and held a private meeting with approximately 10 officials from the Korea Atomic Bombs Victim Association to apologise.
- However, with the resolution of BTS’ situation, another Japanese right-wing lawmaker has come forward to take issues with Twice‘s Dahyun‘s T-shirt. She had previously worn a T-shirt made by Marymond, a company that supports South Korean women who were used as sex slaves by the Japanese military during World War II.
- Following Hyuna, Cube Entertainment has terminated E’Dawn‘s contract as well. The idol will be leaving both the company and Pentagon.
Debuts & Comebacks
- Check out our playlist above for a compilation of all the comebacks this week!
- Hyoyeon (DJ Hyo)was “Punk Right Now” in her collaboration with 3Lau. The idol also released an English version of the song.
- Blackpink‘s Jennie made a powerful “Solo” debut.
- BTOB sang of “Beautiful Pain” for their comeback.
- Crush comforted his listeners with “Lay Your Head On Me”.
- Hotshot claimed “I Hate You” in latest music video.
- Stray Kids promised to “Get Cool” for their third mini-album, I Am You.
- Drunken Tiger dropped “Mantra” for his tenth and final album, Rebirth of Tiger JK.
- D-Crunch stole the hearts of their fans with “Stealer“.
- Tany‘s agency released a posthumous track, “Closure-The Empty Frame”, after the artists passed away in an accident in April this year.
- The Man Blk made a powerful debut with “Free Fall”.
- San-E released a track, “Feminist” — which proved he is anything but — in response to a bar altercation making headlines this week that lead to a woman being hospitalized. Rapper Jerry.K responded with “No You Are Not” just a few hours later, and Sleeq with “Equalist” soon after.
- Contestants on Under 19, a new survival show, released a number of music videos to showcase their talents: the vocal team taking on “Go Tomorrow”, the performance team showcasing their skills in “We Are Young”, and the rap team creating “Friends”.
Teasers & Announcements
- Wanna One previewed their upcoming album, 1¹¹=1 (Power of Destiny), which will be released on Nov 19.
- Steve Aoki‘s “Waste It On Me“, featuring BTS, will be out on Nov 19. The music video teaser boasts an all-asian cast.
- Highlight released a highlight medley for Outro, as they gear up for its release on Nov 20.
- EXID shared a spoiler dance clip for “I Love You”. The highly-anticipated five-membered comeback happens on Nov 21.
- Winner‘s Mino continues to tease his first solo album, XX, out on Nov 26.
- Nu’est W has been teasing Wake’n, which will drop on Nov 26.
- Lovelyz teased their fifth mini-album, Sanctuary, which is set for release on Nov 26.
- The Boyz will be releasing their third mini-album, The Only, on Nov 29.
- Mamamoo, too, continues to tease Blue;s, which comes out on Nov 29.
- Rose Motel has disbanded after a good seven years. Members Yuk Joong-wan and Kim Joon-woo will continue promoting under the name Yuk Joongwan Band.
- Earlier this year, it was revealed that B1A4‘s Sandeul, CNU, and Gongchan had renewed their contracts, while Jinyoung and Baro had signed on with other agencies. WM Entertainment confirmed this week that the likelihood of B1A4 continuing as five seems unlikely, though the possibility has not been ruled out.