Welcome to another edition of SB Week in Review. Here’s all the news you might have missed this week:
- Big Bang‘s G-Dragon has found himself tangled up in a controversy regarding preferential treatment in the military. Dispatch is claiming that following his ankle injury, he has been given special treatment and an exclusive room (meant for higher-ups) at Yangju Armed Forces Hospital, where he was admitted. However, military personnel, YG Entertainment, and even the Ministry of National Defence, have claimed that G-Dragon has not received any such treatment. It was also revealed that prior to this issue, the artist had been having trouble getting admitted to a private hotel due to the possibility of such scandals. Now, with this controversy, the hospital has asked the singer-songwriter to leave.
- B1A4‘s Baro and Jinyoung have ended their contracts with WM Entertainment. The agency has revealed that their focus will now be on reorganising the group.
- Happy Face Entertainment has sued YG Entertainment for failing to abide by the contract that was agreed on by Mix Nine and YG Entertainment.
Debuts & Comebacks
- Tiffany shined in her solo debut, “Over My Skin“.
- Shinee released their final music video, “Our Page” for The Story of Light, Ep. 3.
- The members of Day6 made a powerful come back with “Shoot Me“, for Shoot Me: Youth Part 1.
- Nu’est W experienced “Dejavu” in latest video.
- Lovelyz reveled in the summer vibes in “Wag-zak“.
- Melody Day sang of a relationship that made them “Restless” in their latest music video. Look forward to our review soon!
- Vixx‘s Leo showed how love is akin to a “Free Tempo” in a self-written R&B track.
- Mamamoo released “Rainy Season” ahead of their comeback on July 16.
- Neonpunch debuted with “Moonlight“.
- Elris sang of a “Summer Dream” for their comeback.
- UNB revealed their “Black Heart” for their second mini-album of the same name.
Teasers & Announcements
- Yang Da-il and Red Velvet‘s Wendy will be releasing a single, titled “One Summer” on July 2, featuring Wanna One‘s Woojin in the video.
- Jessi will be having a digital single release on July 6.
- Teen Top has teased their repackage release with a video for “Lover“, set to release on July 3.
- Mamamoo will be returning with another mini-album on July 16; this mini-album is another part of their 4 Seasons 4 Colours project, after Yellow Flower.
- Triple H will be coming back on July 18.
- Chungha, too, will be making a comeback on July 18.
- Kard will be returning with a mini-album on July 25.
- Ladies Code‘s Ashley will be making a solo debut in July as well.
- Gugudan‘s Sejeong, Nayoung and Mina will be making a comeback as a sub-unit, though the details remain unknown.
- For the second year in a row, BTS has been named as one of the “The 25 Most Influential People on the Internet” by TIME.
- 2PM‘s Wooyoung will be enlisting as an active duty soldier on July 9. We wish him a fruitful time in the army!
- Surprising many, YG Entertainmenthas been named as one of the top 100 best companies to work at, as it has been pushing for the employment of youth and women, receiving high scores for their long-term employment, leadership, and job stability.