Welcome to another edition of SB Week in Review! It was a slow week for news, but a busy week for releases. Here’s everything you might have missed:
- SM Entertainment continues to conquer the entertainment industry. This week the company became the largest share holder of Key East Entertainment and FNC Add Culture. But you know who the real winner here is? Actor Bae Yong-joon, who in exchange for the Key East Shares, became a major shareholder in SM Entertainment.
Debuts & Comebacks
- There may be no MV, but Big Bang‘s “Flower Road” was a great parting gift to fans as the members begin their military service.
- The NCT releases keep coming! This week we were given NCT 127‘s MV for “Touch” as well as all the compilation album, Empathy. Despite all the build up, the new album did not blow away our reviewer.
- Heize said “Sorry” in a new MV.
- Got7 presented yet another side of themselves with the release of Eyes on You and it’s lead single, “Look.”
- April‘s “The Bluebird” enchanted our reviewer.
- Hoya‘s solo debut is on the horizon! Ahead of that, he shared the pre-release MV for “Angel.”
- Up10ton want to take you to “Candyland.”
- Golden Child offered a bit more sombre confession in “Lady.”
- Ilhoon dropped a special MV for his self-composed track “Always.”
- We had a couple of silly dance practice MVs this week:
Teasers & Announcements
- It’s been a long wait for fans, but TVXQ will finally return with their 8th studio album on March 19.
- Only a few months since his last release, Samuel‘s second mini album One is slated for March 28.
- Monsta X‘s The Connect is looking pretty intense. We’ll see how much of the teaser concept carries over into the new album on March 26.
- There are a lot of April comebacks to keep an eye out for:
- The Unit‘s UNB will debut on April 7 with two title tracks.
- EXID has a comeback scheduled for April 2.
- Pentagon will be back on April 2.
- We can expect something from Vixx next month, though no official date has been announced.
- In a not surprising — but somewhat deceitful — move, it was announced that project group JBJ will conclude activities in April. The group will release one final song as a thank you to fans.
- Another Produce 101 group, Hyeongseop x Euiwoong will release their second single on April 10.
- Tiffany is back! With new social media accounts, and a cover of Coco‘s “Remember Me,” Tiffany Young is rebranding for her post-SME career.
- Loona introduced their final member, Olivia Hye. Now that the group is assembled, who’s ready for the official debut?
- Casting News: