Welcome to another edition of SB Week in Review! Here’s all the news you might have missed this week:
- SHINee has resumed activities after the passing of Jonghyun, starting off with the Osaka concerts for their Japanese tour: ‘SHINee World The Best 2018 From Now On’. We wish them luck and strength in all their future activities.
- Lee Joon‘s agency has denied all rumours of him attempting to commit suicide and requests that these rumours be not spread any more. Prain TPC has clarified that he does have panic disorder symptoms, but is pro-active in seeing the doctor and seeking treatment.
- 2PM‘s Jun.K was caught drunk-driving. JYP Entertainment released an apology on his behalf, before Jun.K himself personally apologised on 2PM’s official site.
- The 7th Gaon Music Awards were held on February 14. A hearty congratulations to all the award winners:
- BTS clinched Album of the Year for the first and third quarter of the year with You Never Walk Alone and Love Yourself: Her respectively. Seventeen clinched the same award for the second quarter with Al1, and Wanna One for the last quarter with 1-1=0 (Nothing Without You).
- Winners for Song of the Year, with an award given for each month, included: Akdong Musician, Twice, IU, Psy, G-Dragon, EXO, Sunmi, Sechskies, Epik High and Wanna One.
- Sasaengs of multiple groups are getting the heat this week (more so than other weeks):
- Wanna One’s company posted about a number of fans obtaining the members’ personal contact numbers, contacting them, texting them, threatening the staff of Wanna One and even planting GPS trackers onto their vans. They requested that these fans refrain from such behaviour for the wellbeing of the members.
- EXO’s Baekhyun revealed the phone number of a sasaeng fan during an live broadcast via Instagram. After some time, he took to Instagram to inform his fans that the number was not of a sasaeng, but of an ordinary individual, and that the individual was getting harassed by multiple calls to their number. He asked his fans to stop calling the individual and himself.
- Vixx‘s N tweeted for fans to give him space and not follow him around on personal schedules. Eventually, though, he deleted the tweet.
Debuts & Comebacks
- There weren’t many comebacks this week; nonetheless, check out our playlist above for this week’s music releases!
- Roy Kim came back with a mellow, soothing ballad: “Only Then“
- Yoseob shows what a “Star” he is in his latest music video.
- Suzy explains she’s not “SObeR” in her colourful music video.
- Miryo asks “Can I See You Again” in her funky, new track.
- Former lead vocal of LEDApple, Jang Han-byul, returned to the scene with “One A. M.“
- Kang Min-hee, a Miss $ member and from The Unit, is a princess in “Toddle“.
- I.O.I‘s “Hand in Hand” was re-released for the 2018 Pyeongchang Winter Olympics. It has a different melody from its 2016 release.
Teasers & Announcements
- NCT U tease their new music video for “Boss”, which will be released on February 19. This song is part of “NCT 2018”, an album slated to release sometime in march.
- BoA will be dropping a mini-album, One Shot, Two Shot, on February 20.
- Infinite’s Sunggyu kicks off his solo comeback with a teaser.
- Wanna One will be making a return in early March with a mini-album and a title track named “Gold”.
- Mamamoo will make their comeback in early March.
- BTOB‘s Ilhoon will release a solo album in March.
- Minseo‘s debut has been set for early March. She had been due to debut in late 2017, but was delayed due to the success of “Yes“.
- Hoya (former member of Infinite) will be making a return in late March or early April. His music video shooting is scheduled for the end of February.
- Melomance will comeback with their first full album sometime in the first half of 2018.
- Some idols and actors will be having their first appearances on a reality show:
- TVXQ will be appearing on MBC‘s I Live Alone
- Kim Sae-ron will be a guest on Snail Hotel
- With the popularity of the drama Cheese In The Trap, there will be movie made off the webtoon as well. Park Hae-jin and Oh Yeon-seo will be playing the leads.
- EXO’s Sehun will be playing the lead role in a web movie, Dokgo Rewind, that is based off a webtoon of the same name.
- Big Bang‘s G-Dragon will be enlisting in the military on February 27, and Taeyang on March 12. We wish both of them a fruitful time in the army!
- Kyunghee University is being investigated by the Ministry of Education for preferential treatment towards some students, with the revelations Jo Kwon‘s and Yonghwa‘s acceptances.
- Inkigayo will be having new emcees: Seventeen’s Mingyu, DIA‘s Chaeyeon, and Song-kang.
- Chungha and 2AM‘s Jinwoon were personally invited by NBA to attend the 2018 NBA All-star Weekend that falls over this weekend. They’ll get to meet current and retired NBA players. Hope they have fun!
- Following her departure from SNSD, Seohyun has been in discussion with Fly Up Entertainment regarding an exclusive contract.
(YouTube. Naver:                    , Sports Chosun, Twitter   , Instagram. Images Via: SM Entertainment, YG Entertainment.)