With all that happened this weekend, our latest Week in Review was delayed a bit. But never fear, your news is here!
- Police have begun investigating the SNL Korea sexual assault controversy, questioning members of B1A4. Meanwhile, Lee Se-young has taken in indefinite hiatus from the show.
- The 2016 MAMAs took place on Friday; Twice won for Best Song, BTS for Best Artist, and Exo for Best Album. The ceremony saw ratings drop from last year by more than 50%.
- But the biggest drama of the ceremony was about Taeyeon‘s failed collaboration with Wiz Khalifa.
- On the presidential scandal, President Park Geun-hye called another press conference this week, where she issued a third apology and offered her resignation… Sort of. Park stated that she would accept the National Assembly’s decision regarding her presidency. Meanwhile, protests continued for another weekend.
Debuts & Comebacks
- Sechskies are officially back with “Couple.”
- Zico, Dean, and Crush survived the “Bermuda Triangle.”
- B1A4 returned with “A Lie.”
- This week’s Station release was Hyoyeon‘s “Mystery.”
- Baek A-yeon released “Just Because” featuring Got7‘s JB.
- Laboum released “Winter Story.”
- Shinhwa revealed part one of their new album Unghanging, called Orange.
- Oh My Girl teamed up with Haha again for winter single “White” featuring M.Tyson.
- Sol-T came back with “Bad Girls.”
- Soloist Cosmic Girl put out “Don’t You Worry ’bout Me” with an assist from San E.
Teasers & Announcements
- Former MBLAQ member Thunder will be debuting solo. Former Kara member Hara is will be featured on the album.
- High Ground will be releasing a special project titled Working Holiday, starting with Winner member Seungyoon‘s single on the 6th.
- Jessica is coming back! Who else is excited for Wonderland? The aspiring designer also opened a store on New York.
- New girl group Heymiss is preparing to debut.
- Pentagon will be returning on the 7th with “Can You Feel It.”
- Minx are preparing to re-debut as Dreamcatcher with some new members.
- DSP looks set to debut a co-ed group, our first in a while. Has K.A.R.D peaked your interest?
- Daesung will be embarking on another Japanese dome tour in April.
- Exo will be another Christmas album.
- Girl’s Day and AOA will be coming back in January.
- Lovelyz will be holding their debut concert in January, and are also preparing a debut in Japan.
- There will be another season of Produce 101, this time creating a boy group.
- Fantastic Duo will be remade in Spanish for South American audiences.
- Rain will be attending the 2016 UK Fashion Awards.
- Suzy will be making her solo debut in January, and will also be starring with Lee Jong-suk in upcoming SBS drama While You Were Sleeping.
- Go A-ra and SM have parted ways.
- Siwan‘s contract with Star Empire has expired, but the agency says the star is still with them.
- Girl group Lush have gone viral on Facebook after their cover of Deborah Cox’s “Nobody’s Supposed to be Here” was posted to the social networking site.
- Bom broke her silence on the news of the 2NE1 disbandment with a letter to fans. Dara and CL also posted letters.
- Meanwhile, Dean won’t be joining YG, sticking with Universal.
- Jonghyun has issued an apology for a concert VCR that saw him portray offensive South Asian stereotypes.
- After School and Orange Caramel member Lizzie revealed on a variety programme that After School were paid below minimum wage while promoting “Bang!” in Japan.
- The Super Seoul Dream Concert took place on the 27th.
- A bunch of idols did the mannequin challenge.
(Dispatch, Dreamcatcher, Facebook, Ilgan Sports, Insight, Korea Herald, News1, Sports Chosun, Osen, Twitter, X Sports News, YG-Life, Yonhap, YouTube. Images via: Coridel Entertainment, Cube Entertainment)