Welcome back to this installment of Seoulbeats’ Week in Review! Here are some of the happenings this week that you may have missed:
- North and South Korea have agreed to allow the reunion of 100 people from each side of the country for six days from October 20 to October 26. This will be the first such reunion since February 2014.
- A 55-year-old South Korean man has been sentenced to 12 years in jail after being convicted of attempted murder on Mark Lippert, the U.S. ambassador to South Korea. Back on March 5, Lippert was stabbed shortly before his speech, in the face and arms. The ambassador suffered severe injuries, resulting in 80 stitches.
- On September 11, MBLAQ‘s Seung-ho reported to the police that he had been assaulted on the head with a glass cup by a former J.Tune employee. He suffered injuries to the ear, but has decided not to press charges.
- The Kim Hyun-joong saga continues. The ex-girlfriend has given birth to the baby, and will immediately to subjected to a paternity test. Expect more drama to ensue.
- The alleged victim of Lovelyz‘s Jisoo‘s scandal sat down with reporters, and she maintains her side of the story, providing recordings as evidence, adding that Woollim had threatened her to drop the lawsuit.
COMEBACKS AND DEBUTS
- Vocal powerhouse Lyn has dropped a documentary-style MV for “Love Moves On”.
- Junjin is back with solo comeback “Wow Wow Wow”, featuring Eric, with 4 additional tracks in his mini-album #REAL#.
- Vasco pre-releases “Whoa Ha!”, in anticipation for his Mad Max mixtape.
- Chancellor and Bumkey have collaborated to give us “Make Me Stay”.
- Kangnam has dropped sweet-sounding solo track “Chocolate”, with the MV starring AOA‘s Mina and Nam Joo-hyuk.
- G.Soul has dropped the MV for “Crazy For You”.
- Tao aka Z.Tao has released a MV for “Crown”, from his solo album.
- Red Velvet is back with another funky and quirky MV for “Dumb Dumb”, along with their first full-length album The Red.
- Seventeen is back with “Mansae”, the title track from the second mini-album Boys Be.
- Vocal sub-unit Zest-Z has released “Give Me A Chance”.
- JYP‘s new kid on the block Day6, has officially made their debut with “Congratulations”, with mini-album The Day.
- Up10tion debuts with “So Dangerous”.
TEASERS AND ANNOUNCEMENTS
- Sones can finally celebrate, as SM confirms that Taeyeon will be dropping a solo album before the end of this year.
- Fly To The Sky is confirmed for a double title-track comeback for their mini-album Love & Hate, teasing us with the album preview and a MV teaser.
- Gary is also due for a double title-track comeback album on September 21.
- Expect more of Super Junior as they return with Part 2 of their 10th Anniversary album. 3 tracks, in addition to title track “Magic” will be released, and this will be the last release before Donghae, Eun-hyuk, and Siwon‘s military enlistment.
- CN Blue is slated to return with second full-length album 2gether on the 14th, and have released a couple of MV teasers for title track “Cinderella”.
- ZE:A will be releasing a best-of album consisting of 23 previously released tracks, as well as a brand-new track “Continue”.
- Block B‘s Park Kyung will be making his solo debut on September 21. Stay tuned!
- BTS has released the prologue video for Part 2 of their album series.
- Jessi is teasing us with her upcoming comeback for “Ssenunni”, due for release on September 15.
- Roh Ji-hoon has dropped the album preview for upcoming comeback Return.
- Amidst the controversy over member Ji-soo, Lovelyz has released a MV teaser for “Shooting Star”.
- iKon is finally seeing the light of the day. YG has released the comeback schedule for the new boy group, with warm-up single “My Type” released on September 15, a half-album on October 1, and the full album on November 2. Out of the 12 songs on the full album, at least 5 will be title tracks, which means fans can expect at least 5 accompanying MVs as well!
- Drama Oh My God starring Shin Min-ah and So Ji-sub has been slated for a November premiere. Good news for all drama fans!
- G-friend has been making international headlines after a fancam of their September 5th performance has gone viral. The slippery stage caused quite a few slips and tumbles, but viewers are especially impressed with how the girls got back up after every single fall. Could they be the next EXID?
- Yoon Eun-hye has been accused of plagiarizing designs from designer Yoon Choon-ho, and the actress response is that the designer is using her for noise marketing.
- Eun Ji-won was brought to the hospital after spitting out blood during a filming, and he was found to have a lung infection.
- Rapper Swings has been discharged from the military after 10 months, due to his medical issues.
- Former Wonder Girls‘ leader Sun is currently pregnant with her second child. Congratulations!
- It was earlier reported that Ailee fractured her foot during the MV filming for her comeback. But YMC Entertainment has announced that her comeback will proceed as planned, with the album release still slated for September 30th.
- The Uhm siblings — Uhm Tae-woong and Uhm Jung-hwa, have both signed on with Key East Entertainment.
- Rain is leaving Cube Entertainment after 2 years, and it’s unconfirmed which agency he will be joining.