Welcome to another edition of SB Week in Review. Here’s all the news you might have missed over the past week:
- On May 21, Choi Jung-bum (Goo Hara‘s ex-boyfriend), pled guilty to intimidation, destruction and damage of property, assault causing bodily harm, and coercion. However, he pleaded not guilty to filming sexual acts/body parts without consent.
- Last year, he had been charged with all the aforementioned crimes against Hara and had been sentenced to a year and a half in prison with additional three years of probation.
- After his not-guilty plea, the court ruled for Choi to only serve a year in prison, with no additional probation. This was on the basis that there was nothing beyond reasonable doubt that filming occurred with consent.
- Hara’s brother, Goo Hooin, has filed an appeal for the latest ruling, pushing for a harsher punishment.
Debuts & Comebacks
- Red Velvet‘s Irene & Seulgi were bold and powerful in their subunit debut with “Monster“. Read our MV review here!
- Great Guys returned with “Run” and We’re Not Alone_Chapter2: You&Me. See what our writer had to say about the MV here!
- Chungha was funky and fresh for the summery “Play“.
- Exo-SC debuted with “Telephone” ahead of the release of their first album.
- Solji was sentimental and emotive in her latest MV: “Rains Again“.
- The members of (G)I-dle were all about having fun in “i’M THE TREND“.
- As Lay gears up for second part of Lit, he dropped “Boom” as a pre-release track.
Teasers & Announcements
- Exo-SC’s 1 Billion Views releases on July 13.
- Gfriend returns with “Apple” on July 13.
- Apink‘s Eunji drops her fourth mini-album, Simple, on July 15.
- AleXa will be teasing her August comeback with the July 16 pre-release track “Villian“.
- Ateez‘ Zero: Fever Part 1 is due to be released on July 29.
- Eric Nam‘s next album will be out on July 30. Further details remain unknown for now.
- Kang Daniel will be returning with Magenta on August 3, after a pre-release track slated for release on July 27.
- Former T-ara member Soyeon has signed on with Think Entertainment after parting ways with MBK Entertainment.