Welcome to another edition of SB Week in Review! Here’s all the news you might have missed:
- Both Goo Hara and her ex-boyfriend Choi Jong-bum will face indictments for their September 13 altercation. Goo Hara will be charged for bodily harm, while Choi faces charges of bodily harm, blackmail, and sexual violence.
- BTS‘ Jimin continued to make headlines over his controversial Liberation Day T-shirt which included an image of the atomic bomb being dropped over Japan in 1945. The history represented on the shirt remains a hot point of contention between Japanese and Korean fans with the former finding the shirt insensitive, and the latter praising Jimin for his patriotism. As for BTS’s Japanese activities going forward: their Music Station appearance has been indefinitely postponed, and their Kohaku Uta Gassen appearance canceled as a result of the controversy.
- Producer Moon Young-il has been summoned for police investigations in the East Light abuse scandal. Back in October brothers Lee Seok-cheol and Lee Seung-hyun accused Moon of physical and psychological abuse during their time with Media Line Entertainment.
Debuts & Comebacks
- Twice achieved another all-kill with “Yes or Yes.”
- Dean dropped “Dayfly” ft Sulli and Rad Museum. But, if there is an MV, we probably shouldn’t expect it for a couple weeks.
- Jongup got help from fellow B.A.P. member Zelo in “Annoying.”
- Stray Kids shared an MV for the B-side “Mixtape#3.”
- Gugudan declared they’re “Not That Type” in their latest MV. Anyone else vaguely reminded of f(x)‘s “Milk”?
- Key went on a wild ride in the MV for “Forever Yours” ft Soyu.
- Dream Note debuted with a self-titled MV.
- Yuju was the November participant for Yoon Jong-shin‘s monthly music project with “Cramming.”
- Got7‘s JB put out a new mixtape, 1/? Vol.3 on Soundcloud.
- P.O came back with another solo single, “Comme des Garcons.”
- Jackson and Gucci Mane was not a combination I foresaw, but why not round out 2018 with a “Different Game“? At least he’s not rapping about Fendi flip flops this time.
Teasers & Announcements
- SNSD‘s Hyoyeon will be back as DJ Hyo with her new single, “Punk Right Now” on November 13.
- Ahead of their concert on November 24 and 25, Highlight will release the special mini album Outro on November 20.
- After nearly two years of promoting without Solji, EXID will be back as five on November 21.
- Mamamoo will comeback on Novemebr 29 with a new mini album, BLUE;S.
- Red Velvet will return with their fifth mini album RBB and the title track “Really Bad Boy” on November 30.
- Label-mates NCT 127 will also be promoting a repackage of Regular-Irregular around the end of November.
- Tiger JK is pulling out all the collabs for his final album under the name Drunken Tiger. So far Vernon (Seventeen), Haha, Defconn, RM (BTS), and Kim Jong-kook are all confirmed to have participated in the making of X : Rebirth of Tiger JK.
- Happy 13th debut anniversary to Super Junior!
- The first-ever MBC Plus X Genie Music Awards were held on November 6 with BTS taking home top honors, Wanna One receiving an award for Song of the Year, and Twice taking home three awards including Best Selling Artist.
- Shinee‘s Onew will begin his military service on December 10.
- Bigflo‘s Ron will tie the knot with MV director Lee Sa-Gang next summer. Congrats!
- Twice‘s Jihyo was caught up in a scam this week where her Naver account was first hacked and then a separate Kakao account was used to ask her mother to deposit money into a fraudulent account. JYP will be taking full legal action against the offenders.
- Henry signed with Monster Entertainment Group.
- Lee Jong-suk and his staff were detained in the Jakarta airport after the Indonesian fanmeet organizer, Yes24 accidentally issued them tourist visas instead of performance visas. He was able to safely return to South Korea on November 6.