Welcome to another edition of SB Week in Review! Here’s all the news you might have missed this week:
- The East Light‘s leader, Lee Seokcheol, recently exposed the verbal and physical abuse the members received from the company’s producer and CEO. During the press conference, it was revealed that the members had undergone abuse since their pre-debut days up to last year. Incidents of abuse included being hit on head, thighs, arms, and buttocks; these instances also included being hit by a baseball bat or iron rod at times. Following this revelation, and subsequent denial by the CEO, Lee released an audio recording of the CEO, Kim Chang Hwan, which was taken after Lee made it clear that he was going to go public about the abuse. The audio depicted Kim verbally abusing and threatening Lee.
- After weeks of confusion, Cube Entertainment has confirmed that Hyuna‘s contract with the company has been terminated. There has been no word on their contract with Pentagon‘s E-Dawn.
- YG Entertainment has filed a lawsuit against online commentators spreading malicious rumours.
- MBC has declared that it will no longer air Prometheus. The drama, centered around a North Korean spy who gets involved in a Russian incident and ends up working in South Korea, had been set to air in the first half of 2019. The production had been halted after actress Ha Ji-won had abruptly left the show. The actress and her agency have yet to release a statement.
Debuts & Comebacks
- Check out the playlist above for all the comebacks and debuts this week!
- Exo‘s Lay made his English language debut with “Namanana“.
- Red Velvet‘s Wendy and John Legend said they’re “Written In The Stars” for a Station x 0 collaboration track.
- Another collaboration happened between Black Pink and Dua Lipa, with the ladies ready to “Kiss and Make Up“.
- Elris‘ Sohee asked love to “Hurry Up” with members of Bolbbangan4.
- Seems like it’s the season for collaborations! Lee Hongki paired up with BTOB‘s Ilhoon for “Cookies“.
- Zion.T also teamed up with Red Velvet’s Seulgi for “Hello Tutorial“.
- Apink‘s Eunji returned with “Being There“, and had a beautiful music video to accompany it.
- Crush depicted the melancholy of a heartbreak through “None“.
- The members of April were unapologetic in the video for “Oh! My Mistake“.
- Kim Donghan gave his viewers a “Good Night Kiss” in his solo debut.
- Sa#fla debuted with an unforgettable track titled “DDu-Ru-DDu-PPa-Ra-Ppa“.
Teasers & Announcements
- Stray Kids has released a second teaser for I Am You, their third mini-album to be released on Oct 22.
- Monsta X is ready for a “Shoot Out” in their latest teaser, with the music video dropping on Oct 22.
- BTS‘ RM will be releasing his second mixtape, Mono, on Oct 23.
- BTOB will be releasing “Friend” on Oct 23, which was recorded before Eunkwang‘s enlistment.
- The group will also make a comeback with a mini-album on Nov 6.
- BoA will be dropping her ninth album, Woman, on Oct 24.
- Golden Child has previewed Wish with individual teasers. Their mini-album will be out on Oct 24.
- Twice will be back with their sixth mini-album, Yes or Yes, on Nov 5.
- Gugudan will be returning with a mini-album on Nov 6.
- Reportedly, Black Pink’s Jennie will make a solo comeback sometime in November, though exact details remain unknown.
- Fave Entertainment has announced plans to debut a new girl group, temporarily named Fave Girls, who will kick off their promotions on Nov 11.
- Yoo Jae-suk and Na Kyung-eun recently had their second child, with both the mother and daughter being in a healthy condition. A hearty congratulations to the family!
- Rainz, Produce 101‘s project group, will disband after they conclude their Japanese promotions on Oct 28.