Welcome to another edition of SB Week in Review. Here’s all the news you might have missed this week:
- TST‘s Kyeongha has been sentenced to 18 months in prison, with a probational period of three years, along with 40 hours of a treatment programme for sexual offenders. This is due to a charge from last year, in which he was charged with forcing himself on a same-aged female peer. When the victim had first accused him through a Facebook post after the incident occured in 2014, JSL Company denied the accusations, after which she proceeded to legally sue him in April 2017. The court then handed down his sentence on May 24 this year. TST’s agency has filed for an appeal.
- DJ Maximite, a producer of “Pick Me” from Produce 101, was arrested on charges of assaulting his girlfriend, as well as verbal abuse and financial fraud against her. He allegedly transferred 90 million won from her account to his own.
- Katie Kim‘s debut video, titled “Remember”, featured Cjamm and Vasco. Both of them have been arrested for marijuana use. Her debut single is scheduled for June 6, but there has been an emergency meeting as to the music video release would be delayed, cancelled, or left as it is.
- A day after Love Yourself: Tear topped the Billboard 200 Chart, “Fake Love” came in at number 10 on Billboard Hot 100. Congratulations to BTS!
Debuts & Comebacks
- Check out our playlist above for a compilation of all the comebacks this week!
- Shinee kick off their ten-year anniversary celebrations with “Good Evening“, the title track for The Story of Light, Ep. 1.
- Hyukoh shows off diversity in relationships in “Love Ya!” for their album: 24: How to Find True Love and Happiness.
- AOA want to shake like “Bingle Bangle” in their latest single.
- Pristin V “Get It” in their music video.
- Loona‘s sub-unit yxxy will “love4eva” in debut music video.
- Samuel exclaims the hardships of being a “Teenager” in comeback video.
- WJMK (WJSN + Weki Meki) sing about how “Strong” their love is.
- Vixx‘s Leo dropped “Dream“, a self-written track for his fans.
- Jang Jae-in compares her life to a noir film in “Seoul Noir“
Teasers & Announcements
- UNB teased their comeback with a dance video for “Black Heart”.
- Blackpink will be releasing Square Up — their first mini-album — on June 15.
- BTOB‘s comeback will be on June 18.
- JBJ‘s Donghan‘s solo debut will be on June 19.
- NU’EST W‘s comeback has been confirmed for June by Pledis Entertainment.
- Big Bang‘s Seungri has teased his solo comeback in early July and his solo concert in August.
- Netflix has confirmed a Season 2 of popular variety show Busted.
- The members of SNSD will be flying to France to film a new reality show. There is no broadcast date set as of yet.
- Siwon has returned to variety shows, starting with Season 2 of Super Junior‘s Super TV.
- BTS dropped a grunge-rock remix of “Fake Love” with an extended music video.
- SM Entertainment will be hosting their own version of an audition programme, known as SMile Music Festival 2018. The winning act will receive training from Kangta and Trax, along with an opportunity to perform at Coex.
- Wanna One will be shifting agencies from YMC Entertainment to Swing Entertainment. Their new entertainment company is solely dedicated to managing the group, and will only take in new artists after Wanna One’s disbandment.
- Psy is rumoured to join Hook Entertainment after his recent departure from YG Entertainment.
(YouTube:   . Naver:          , Billboard:  , Twitter: , Instagram  , V Live. Images Via: JSL Company, YG Entertainment.)