Welcome to another edition of SB Week in Review! Here’s all the news you might have missed this week:
- Park Jin-young and actor Bae Yong-joon were supposedly seen at a meeting for the Salvation Sect, a Korean religious cult. Park has stated that while several members from his Bible study are part of the cult, he himself doesn’t partake in the activities. Bae, too, has denied any involvement. Even though members of Salvation Sect have denied that Park was a part of the cult, Dispatch claims that several witnesses have come forward to say that Park participates in the cult’s activities. JYP Entertainment‘s stocks initially dropped by 11%, before recovering to a 6.45% drop.
- Mixnine will not be debuting due to disagreements about contract lengths. The members had agreed to promoting for four months, excluding any overseas promotions required. However, YG Entertainment was proposing a three-year contract term.
Debuts & Comebacks
- Check out our playlist above for a compilation of all the comebacks this week!
- A week dominated by female debuts and comebacks, Amber has released a video for “Get Over It“, a track off her Rouge Rouge mixtape.
- Gfriend claim it’s “Time for the Moon Night” in their new music video.
- ii, a female duo, debuted with “I’m Already You“.
- (G)I-dle released a catchy track, “Latata“, for their debut.
- GBB debuted with a funky, old-school track “Kemi“.
- Apink‘s Eunji released a melodic OST for Suits titled “When the Wind Blows“.
- Jay Park, Simon Dominic, Loco, and Gray turn negative thoughts “Upside Down” in collaboration track.
- IZ fall in love with an “Angel” in their comeback, with the track being produced by Bang Shi-hyuk.
- Halo make you go “O.M.G.” for their new digital single album.
Teasers & Announcements
- Kanto, from The Unit, will be coming back with a mini-album, Repetition, on May 2.
- SNSD‘s Yoona will be releasing a digital single, To You, on May 13 in collaboration with Lee Sang-soon.
- N.Flying will be making their comeback on May 16 with a mini-album.
- Ahead of their 10th anniversary, SHINee has released a teaser for their new album, set to release in late May.
- Bolbbalgan4 will be coming back this month with a new album as well. Red Diary Page. 2 will be released sometime in May, followed by solo concert(s) in July.
- WJSN‘s Seola and Luda, along with Weki Meki‘s Doyeon and Yoojung will form a project group WJMK. Their single release will be in June.
- The variety show My English Puberty, will be returning with a second season: My Mathematics Puberty.
- Exo‘s Sehun surprised the children at Sunduk Home on Children’s Day by taking time off to play with them and bringing them food. Sunduk Home is a child welfare institution.
- TVXQ‘s Changmin donated 55 million won to Green Umbrella Children’s Foundation on Children’s Day. Green Umbrella is dedicated to helping children who suffer from various illnesses.
- IU donated 100 million won to Green Umbrella Children’s Foundation as well.
- MBC‘s donation programme, New Life of Children, have several artists confirmed: BTS, Exo, Twice, Wanna One, Seventeen‘s DK and Seungkwan, Baek Ji-young, and S.E.S.’s Bada.
- BTS are the 2018 FIFA World Cup models for Coca-Cola Korea. Coca-Cola has been the official sponsor of the World Cup since 1978.
- Additionally, BTS will be appearing on The Ellen DeGeneres Show for the second time.
- After School‘s Lizzy has left the company and group, though Orange Caramel hasn’t disbanded.
- Super Junior-M‘s Henry will be leaving SM Entertainment with the end of his decade-long contract. He’ll be setting up a one-man agency.