After celebrating my 21st birthday this weekend, I woke up to a house full of close friends whom, among other things, were all feeling some type of way. Everyone’s head was splitting, stomach hungry, throats parched, eyes sensitive, but most importantly, everyone’s heart was in a different place.
So I, being the ultra-considerate friend of all friends, who was going to take care of everyone who almost didn’t make it through the whole night, started blasting a bunch of K-pop to find the right mood.
It took a couple tries.
1. For the friend who woke up at 6AM and had to wait for the rest of us to wake while listening to us snore away an otherwise beautiful morning,[youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhclq0-u8RQ&w=560&h=315]
Have some of Verbal Jint’s “Good Morning.”
2. To the friend who’s in love with her oblivious best friend who spent the whole night crying right next to said best friend, pretending to be upset about a blister but was actually upset about a blistered heart because she’ll never confess to said best friend,[youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rpapoY1Wvw&w=560&h=315]
Home girl needs the honest truth of Swings and Mixtape Vol. II.
3. To the friend that slayed mad honeys the night before and left no strings attached but clearly has glaring commitment issues that we all know about but won’t address,[youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEnHH7KDrJc&w=560&h=315]
We do not condone this behavior, but we’re pretty sure “Playboy’s Diary” says it all.
4. For the friends who disappeared to the Denny’s in the bad part of town without telling anyone, but still met a hot waiter, had pancakes with him, and somehow made it back alive,[youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxyQHKsE-qU&w=560&h=315]
“Rhythm is Life,” isn’t it?
5. To the friend still waiting to hear from the girl he hit on the night before who is certain is his soul mate but still doesn’t remember her name,[youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y19QdYKkhv4&w=560&h=315]
Dude, she’s not gonna “Let You Know” anything.
6. For the friend who was convinced they were a rapper for most of the night, and not only stood on a chair to sing the whole night but also broke it,[youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2ePT5OlZ7o&w=560&h=315]
Epik High indeed.
Of course, these are only just a few and far cry from all friends and their songs that make it to the morning after party, and everyone’s morning vibe is always different. Did my friends hate me a little for turning on K-pop from 10AM to 3PM and for asking them all through recovery pho and coffee “dude, where are you vibing at,” yes of course. But it was my birthday, and I’ll cry K-pop if I want to.
To everyone who made this weekend right, this is your thank you note. Share the love and let us know your morning hangover vibes.