We bring you a new segment: the Kurrent. We know we can’t possibly cover all there is to cover in Kpop, but everyday we’ll be giving you a round-up of some happenings in the Kpop world that we might have missed.
- Playful Kiss‘ lovely leading lady Jung So-min, leaves Oh Ha-ni behind and channels ‘Chic and the City’ in a fashion shoot for Hazzy’s. Keep an eye on So-min, my prediction is she’ll be one of Korea’s top young actresses. (dramabeans)
- MBC continues to whet fans’ appetites by releasing previously undisclosed clips and teaser of the We Got Married couples. This time it’s Nichkhun teaching Victoria the choreo from “I’ll be Back.” (wonderfulgeneration)
- Bom wil collab with Big Bang again for a song on their new album. According to G-Dragon, “… if noona doesn’t do it, our album can’t be released.” I love Bom’s voice, but after watching the vid… O.o (iBigBang)
- The New York Post had an article about Jon Park‘s loss on Superstar K2. The brief article also touched on some fans’ criticism regarding ‘an American’ being able to compete. While I’m sure some thought that way, the dude placed second so fans were definitely showing him some love. (soompi)
- Hyori, knows how to move it, move it. After only two weeks of being released, CLIO‘s new waterproof mascara Kill Black has sold more than 50,000 units. And that, my friends, is why she’s called the ‘Queen of Kpop’ and the ‘Nation’s Fairy.’ (Newsis)
- All “Gee” has broken loose in Japan! SNSD has hit #1 on the Oricon charts. (starnews)
- Lee Seung-gi‘s picture taken with a wings mural on 1N2D creates havoc in the village that the mural was in. Ah, the power of Seung-gi… (MyDaily)