Welcome to another edition of SB Week in Review. Here’s all the news you might have missed this week:
- SM Entertainment has announced that they will be taking strict action against sasaengs and anyone who excessively invades the privacy of their artists. This comes after the establishment of the legal Act on Punishment of Stalking Crimes, etc. in South Korea earlier this year. The company has been gathering evidence, and aims to take both civil and criminal legal actions against perpetrators.
- Kakao Entertainment and MelOn have announced their upcoming merger in September this year. MelOn will join Kakao as a company-in-company, and will gain a new CEO.
Debuts & Comebacks
- Ha:tfelt was ready for the summer season in her MV for “Summertime“.
- Rain, Monsta X, Brave Girls, and Ateez came together for “Summer Taste,” aka a Pepsi CF.
- OnlyOneOf dropped Produced by [myself], a single consisting of three tracks, “cOy“, “questiOn mark“, and “night flight“.
- While there aren’t many comebacks this week, there are several artists who dropped covers of familiar songs:
Teasers & Announcements
- Exo‘s D.O. drops his first mini-album, Empathy, on July 26.
- AkMu intrigue with their teaser for the July 26 release of Next Episode.
- Astro return with their 8th mini-album, Switch On, on August 2.
- Weeekly‘s Play Game: Holiday is scheduled for an August 4 release.
- ONF are making a summer-themed comeback with Popping on August 9.
- Cix release their first album ‘Ok’ Prologue: Be OK on August 17.
- After leaving FNC Entertainment earlier this month, Yoo Jaesuk has signed with Antenna for his future projects.
- BTOB‘s Minhyuk has tested positive for Covid-19.
- Han Hye-jin has also tested positive for Covid-19.