Welcome to another edition of SB Week in Review. Here’s all the news you might have missed over the past week:
- One of the dancers for Kingdom: Legendary War had tested positive for Covid-19 earlier this week. Following this, all the participating groups and emcee were tested as well. They have all tested negative. Regardless, since Ikon‘s Donghyuk, The Boyz‘ Juyeon and SF9‘s Taeyang came into close contact with the dancer, they will be go on a two-week quarantine.
Debuts & Comebacks
- Highlight made a long-awaited return with “Not The End“. Check out our MV review here!
- Super Junior‘s Yesung sang of a “Beautiful Night” in his MV.
- Hi Cutie stayed true to their name in their MV for “Gray Area“.
- Kim Seonho showed off his gentle voice in his new single, “Reason“.
- Ailee asks to “Make Up Your Mind” in her latest MV.
- BiBi reflects on life and progression in her MV for “Life is a Bi…“.
- Fictional idol group Shax (from Imitation) released a video for “Malo“. The group consists of U-Kiss‘ Junyoung, SF9‘s Hwiyoung and Chani, Ateez‘s Jongho, Yuri, and Ahn Junghoon.
Teasers & Announcements
- Baekhyun and Seomoontak‘s “Hurt” releases on May 10.
- NCT Dream drops their first album with “Hot Sauce” on May 10.
- Oh My Girl‘s comeback with “Dun Dun Dance” happens on May 10.
- Binary Code marks Oneus‘ return on May 11.
- WJSN‘s new subunit, WJSN The Black, debuts with My Attitude on May 12.
- Kang Daniel will return with “Outerspace” on May 13.
- B.I.‘s new single will be out on May 14, and his first full album on June 1.
- Fromis 9‘s 9 Way Ticket is scheduled for a May 17 release.
- Rocket Punch‘s retro-themed “Ring Ring” drops May 17.
- Aespa returns with “Next Level” on May 17.
- Before he enlists, Taemin will be releasing one last mini-album, Advice, on May 18.
- Tri.be‘s “Rub-A-Dum” drops on May 18.
- BTS continue to tease the concept for their May 21 single, “Butter“.
- Everglow makes their comeback with “Last Melody” on May 25.
- TXT‘s The Chaos Chapter: Freeze releases on May 31.
- SM Entertainment has partnered with MGM Television to launch an American survival show in order to debut new NCT subunit: NCT Hollywood.
- CJ ENM are working with Warner Media to launch a K-pop audition program in South America.