Welcome to another edition of SB Week in Review! Here’s all the news you might have missed!
- Mamamoo‘s Wheein found herself in hot water this week after casually mentioning Typhoon Prapiroon in a subtle SNS promotion of Mamamoo’s recent pre-release track, “Rainy Season.” She later issued an apology.
- After making the final group in the Chinese version of Produce 101, confusion arose over Mei Qi and Xuan Yi‘s future with WJSN. The Chinese management company Tencent and Starship/ Yuehua Entertainment issued conflicting statements with Tencent saying the two members would promote exclusively with Rocket Girls, while Yuehua promised they would promote between the two groups. While there seems to be no official agreement yet, Starship and Yuehua asked Tencent to respect the members’ contracts and allow them to promote with WJSN in the second half of the year.
Debuts & Comebacks
- Check out our playlist of all this week’s releases above!
- Yang Da-Il‘s “One Summer” isn’t nearly as happy as the title suggests.
- Did A Pink‘s attempt at a new sound in “So Sick” intrigue you as much as it did our reviewer?
- Teen Top jumped on the tropical house trend with “Lover.”
- Golden Child confessed their love in “Let Me” of their new mini, Goldenness. Look forward to our review soon!
- Kyungri made her official solo debut with “Blue Moon.”
- Holland proclaimed he is “Not Afraid” in his latest MV. Fans reacted with outrage when YouTube age restricted the MV just hours after release.
- Jessi got “Down” on the beach in her latest MV.
- Shinee‘s Key featured on a special remix of Years & Years‘ “If You’re Over Me.”
- Jay Park dropped yet another track under Roc Nation, “FSU.”
Teasers & Announcements
- Are you ready to “Dance the Night Away” with Twice on July 9?
- The Boyz will put out a special single “Keeper” on July 12.
- Seventeen are bright and sunny in the teasers for their July 16 mini, You Make My Day.
- Out also on July 16 will be Mamamoo’s new mini, Red Moon.
- Ashley (Ladies’ Code) will declare herself a “Summer Queen” on July 17.
- Chungha will be back with Blooming Blue on July 18.
- REtro Futurism lives on in the teasers for Triple H‘s July 18 comeback.
- It’s going to be a Sunny Summer for G Friend after July 19.
- YG teased a potential iKon comeback via Instagram.
- Jeong Sewoon should be back around the end of this month.
- We can also expect an FT Island comeback this month.
- IU will be lending her vocals to Zico‘s comeback title track. Hopefully, we’ll get more details soon.
- DIA‘s July 5 comeback has been delayed in order to re-record the mini album.
- Former JBJ members Kenta and Kim Sanggun will be debuting as a duo. They’ll chose their group names from fans on July 10.
- Jang Geun-suk landed himself in the court of public opinion this week after it was announced he will carry out his military duty through public service. Jang was diagnosed with bi-polar disorder back in 2011, and has been deemed unfit for active duty service.
- CNBlue‘s Lee Jungshin and Kang Minhyuk will also both be enlisting on July 31.
- Injuries news:
- Stray Kids‘ Lee Know will be sitting out from promotional activities while his twisted ankle heals.
- Momoland‘s Nayun will be taking a break to treat her vertigo.
- Suzy and Lee Dong-wook confirmed their break up.