Welcome to another edition of SB Week in Review! Here’s all the news you might have missed:
- Big Bang‘s Taeyang and Min Hyo-rin tied the knot at their star-studded #DopeWedding (Congratz).
- SM, JYP, Big Hit, and SK Telecom are joining forces for a new music distribution venture that will launch this year, and hopefully bring in other entertainment companies along the way.
- The #MeToo movement picked up steam in South Korea this week when public prosecutor Seo Ji-hyeon came forward in a JTBC interview with the accusation that a senior ministry official groped her at a funeral in 2010. Following the incident, Seo was transferred to an unfavorable post in 2015 and received a disciplinary warning.
- Sexual assault accusations have also been leveled against a MBC Drama PD, and the network is looking into it.
Debuts & Comebacks
- Red Velvet are destructive and devious in “Bad Boy.” Look forward to our review soon!
- Suzy shifted gears for the sweetest “Holiday” MV.
- Boa is going crazy in “Nega Dola.”
- Davichi celebrated their 10th anniversary with the MV for “Just the Two of Us.”
- Yoon Mirae shared the audio MV for her pre-release track “No Gravity.”
- Accessories take center stage in Gugudan‘s latest, “The Boots.”
- Henry is beaten and bloody in the Chinese and English MVs for “Monster.”
- Jay Park wants you to “Forget About Tomorrow” in his latest English language track.
- A month later, the MV for Dean‘s “Instagram” is finally here — and it’s a trippy ride.
- VIXX‘s N released track “Cactus” which is the Korean language version of the group’s Japanese track “Saboten.” This version of the track also features lyrics by N and is part of a campaign with Habitat for Humanity.
- Loona introduced their January member, Go Won through the MV for “One&Only.”
- 14U tried to win hearts in “Don’t Be Pretty.”
- Golden Heart also made their attempt at a sweet confession in “It’s U.”
- VAV are back in the “Spotlight.”
Teasers & Announcements
- As expected, the choreography for Seventeen‘s “Thanks” looks promising. Their new album, Director’s Cut is due out on February 5.
- Highlight‘s Yeoseob will return as a soloist on February 15 with White — look out for his pre-release track on February 12.
- Monsta X‘s Jooheon might be dropping a collaboration album on February 8, though the original tweet announcement for the project has been deleted.
- Cosmic Girls will make a comeback on February 27.
- H.O.T. plan to reunite on Infinite Challenge‘s “Totoga 3.“
- It’s graduation season in Korea. Idols like Kim Samuel, Momoland‘s Daisy and Victon‘s Subin all celebrated their completion of high school this week. Congratulations!
- Changmin (2AM) will be leaving Big Hit Entertainment, reportedly to start his own agency.
- Kyungri has decided to renew her contract with Star Entertainment.
- 2PM have been promoted to directors of JYPE.
- Thanks to their latest single “Hot Potato,” N Flying have become honorary potato ambassadors.
- The members of B1a4 were involved in a minor car accident, and have since assured fans that they are okay via their personal Instagrams.