Welcome to another edition of SB Week in Review! Here’s all the news you might have missed:
- MAMA kicked off its international awards tour in Vietnam on November 25. Wanna One took home the Best of Next award, while Seventeen was crowned Worldwide Favorite Artist. The next stops for MAMA will be in Japan on November 29, and November 30 in Hong Kong.
- The 38th Blue Dragon Film Awards were also held over the weekend. Hit film A Taxi Driver took home Best Film, and its star Song Kang-ho was awarded best actor. Kim Hyun-suk and actress Na Moon-hee also took top accolades for I Can Speak. Exo member Do Kyungsoo was recognized as Best New Actor for his work in My Annoying Brother.
- BTS took the stage at the 2017 American Music Awards to much fanfare and celebration on November 20. This is just the first of what is likely to be many American appearances, as the group recently recorded for The Ellen Show and is confirmed to perform on Dick Clark’s New Years Rockin’ Eve with Ryan Seacrest.
- After a week delay, the Suneung (CSAT) was held this week in South Korea. Some idol test takers included: Dayoung and Yeoreum (WJSN), Kim Doyeon (Weki Meki), Arin (Oh My Girl), Jooyi and Nancy (Momoland), and Subin (Victon).
Debuts & Comebacks
- BTS teamed up with Steve Aoki for a remix of “Mic Drop” off their most recent album, Love Yourself: Her. The group also released Japanese version which you can check out here.
- Pentagon released Demo_02 with the lead single “Runaway.” Pentagon also dropped a special MV for the track “Violet” later in the week.
- KARD coupled up for the “You In Me” MV, off their latest mini album You & Me.
- Honeyst are sweet on someone in “Someone to Love.”
- Hani (EXID) lended her vocals to HanHae‘s latest single, “Eyes.” Although there was a video teaser for the duet, an MV has yet to be released.
- Rain and Jo Hyun-ah (Urban Zakapa) said “Let’s Break Up Today” in a special duet.
- Lee Ha Rin debuted with “A Strange Day.”
- New girl group Yellow Bee also debuted with “Hiccup.”
- Yoo Seungwoo returned with the ballad, “Anymore,” produced by Brother Su.
- Blah Blah may not be the most wise name to give a rookie girl group, nonetheless the group hit the scene this week with “Good Job.”
- Our SM Station track of the week is NCT Jaehyun‘s “Try Again.”
Teasers & Announcements
- It’s that time of year again where idols and artists release special seasonal tracks:
- Zion T will kick things off with the winter single “Snow” on December 4.
- Exo will keep with the tradition of an annual winter album sometime in December.
- B.A.P.‘s 8th single album is on it’s way!
- The conclusion of Day6‘s EveryDay6 Project will be the full album Moonrise on December 6. The album will be made up of the EveryDay6 tracks, as well as some new releases.
- The Loona Project debut is still going strong. The November member debut will be Yves on November 28.
- There will be a special “Present Edition” of Got7‘s 7 of 7 out on December 7. Member Bam Bam also plans to launch his own clothing line through Represent.
- Cube confirmed that Hyuna will comeback on December 4 with a new single.
- Huh Gak will release the special single “Fool” on November 27, featuring Wanna One’s Kang Daniel and Victon’s Sejun.
- Idol School‘s finalist group Fromis_9 are gearing up for debut.
- Suzy is preparing for her second solo album, though the official release date hasn’t been decided.
- Infinite‘s comeback has been delayed to January.
- Awards season is underway, but there are still a few broadcast up in the air following recent strikes:
- MBC is unsure if it will broadcast their Drama Awards this year.
- KBS‘ Drama Awards will definitely air, while the fate of the Entertainment Awards and Song Festival are less certain.
- SBS appears to have everything on track, announcing that Yoo Hee-yeol and IU will host the 2017 SBS Gayo Daejun.
- The Melon Music Awards will be held on December 2, with Wanna One already announced the winners of the Kakao Hot Star Award this week.
- Lee Hyori has ended her contract with Kiwi Media Group. As for a second season of Lee Hyori’s Bed and Breakfast: the show’s producer said the invasion of privacy from tourists has turned Lee Hyori and Lee Sang-soon against the idea for now.
- On the flip side, Sulli has renewed her contract with SM Entertainment.
- The bomb threats continue against A Pink members; this week’s target was Eunji‘s press conference for the drama Untouchable.
- Park Han-byul revealed both her recent marriage and pregnancy via Instagram. Congratulations!
- YG announced the company’s plans to debut a new girl group in the next year. Many fans called foul, saying the company isn’t ready for actively promoting yet another group. But, worry not: This is YG time we’re talking about, so Black Pink may have about 7 songs out by the time the new girl group debuts.