Welcome to another edition of SB Week in Review. Here’s all the news you might have missed over the past week:
- Cube Entertainment announced that Pentagon‘s Kino, Wooseok, Yanan, Yeo One, and Yuto did not renew their exclusive contracts.
- Fifty Fifty made allegations against Attrakt for mistreatment and neglect of the members’ health.
Debuts & Comebacks
- Just B returned with a rock sound in “Medusa.”
- Bobby raged against haters in the unfiltered rock-rap track “f.”
- Ailee surprised with a hard-driving dance track, “Ra Ta Ta” (featuring Lil Cherry).
- Pentagon released a fan song, “With Universe,” on their 7th anniversary.
- Xdinary Heroes came back with the hard rock song “Break the Brake.” Check out our review of their album!
- Jini redebuted as a soloist with “C’mon“.
- POW debuted with the soothing title track “Dazzling.”
- Lightsum made their long-awaited comeback with “Honey or Spice.”
- TripleS EVOLution released the dreamy sounding “Invincible.”
- Wheein was “In the Mood” with the title track for her first full album.
- Lee Hyori returned with “Hoodie and Banbaji.”
- TXT brought 80s synth to “Chasing That Feeling.” Look out for our album and music video reviews!
- Ive switched up their sound and concept for “Baddie.”
Teasers & Announcements
- Sunmi created short films to promote her upcoming digital single “Stranger,” out on October 17.
- Jay Chang teased his 1st mini-album Late Night, due out on the same day.
- E’Last will also return with “Kiss Me Baby” from their October 17 mini-album Identification.
- Kingdom shot teaser photos in India for their October 18 comeback History of Kingdom, Part VII: Jahan.
- Young Posse will also debut with Macaroni Cheese on October 18.
- Jungkook will feature on The Kid Laroi‘s single “Too Much” (also with Central Cee), set for a October 20 release.
- Jungkook’s album Golden is also slated for release on November 3.
- Seventeen built anticipation for their 11th mini-album Seventeenth Heaven, which will release on October 23.
- Billie posted a comeback schedule (or “Billlendar”) for their single album side-B: memoirs of echo unseen, which will drop on October 23.
- Le Sserafim will drop a digital single, “Perfect Night,” on October 27.
- Taemin announced his 4th mini-album Guilty, to be released on October 30.
- NiziU will release their first Korean single album Press Play on October 31.
- Weeekly revealed a prologue film for their comeback [ColoRise] on November 1.
- Viviz will return with their 4th mini-album Versus on November 2.
- Zerobaseone will have their first comeback with a mini-album, Melting Point, on November 6.
- Kiss of Life will come back with their 2nd mini-album, Born to be XX, on November 8.
- Aespa‘s 4th mini-album Drama will come out on November 10.
- Stray Kids released a comeback schedule and track list for their 8th mini-album Rock-Star, out on November 11.
- YG confirmed that Babymonster will debut in November.
- N.Ssign‘s Doha is taking a break from activities due to health concerns.
- DPR Live founded his own label CTYL (Coming to You Live) and will release a full-length album under the name Hong Dabin.
- Byeongkwan from ACE was discharged from the military on October 10.
- Chungha joined Jay Park‘s label More Vision.
- Cravity‘s Seongmin is on hiatus to be with his mother as she undergoes a major surgery.
- Dawn started his mandatory military service as a public service worker.
- Former Apink member Hong Yukyung announced her wedding. Congratulations to the couple!