Welcome to another edition of SB Week in Review. Here’s all the news you might have missed over the past week:
- A wave of illegal drug use accusations swept through Korean Entertainment.
- The Incheon Police announced there was an ongoing investigation into a top actor for illegal drug use which led to Lee Sun -kyun being assumed to be the suspect. His agency Hodu&U Entertainment put forth a statement that neither confirmed nor denied the accusations but promised to cooperate with any investigations. The actor also stepped down from his upcoming drama, No Way Out.
- On October 25, G-Dragon was charged by the Incheon Police for illegal drug use in a separate investigation. His attorney denied all charges and said G-Dragon will fully comply with investigations.
- Rumors also circulated that a female group member was under investigation, leading to internet speculation. The Incheon Police had to clarify that the rumor was unfounded, and there are currently no additional celebrity suspects at this time.
- Fifty Fifty‘s Keena returned to Attrakt, while the remaining three members — Aran, Saena, and Sio — had their contracts terminated.
Debuts & Comebacks
- Seventeen broke records with “God of Music.” Look forward to our review!
- Mingyu will temporarily be sitting out promotions while he recovers from a back injury.
- Billlie returned with the lyrical jumble, “Dang (Hocus Pocus).”
- Ily:1 put their own spin on the Fin.K.L classic, “To My Boyfriend.”
- Ghost9 got funky and vaguely sporty in “Ruckus.”
- Kwon Eunbi took a breather in the single ” Like Heaven” featuring Paul Blanco.
- V shared the FRNK remix of “Slow Dancing.” Another remix with Cautious Clay is also on its way.
- Jessi delivered the expected in “Gum.”
- B.I. lamented lost love in “Loved.”
- Love or Loved Pt. 2 will be released on November 10.
- Le Sserafim teamed up with Overwatch 2 for “Drive.”
- Rize made their first comeback with a whole lot of throwback styles in “Talk Saxy.”
Teasers & Announcements
- Taemin toyed with innocence and corruption in the MV trailer for “Guilty.” His mini album of the same name will be out on October 30.
- Xodiac were bright and smiley in the teaser for “Only Fun,” out on October 30.
- Weeekly shared the highlight medley for their November 1 mini, ColoRise.
- Epik High revealed Hoshi (Seventeen) as the featured artist for “Screen Time.” The MV will also be out on November 1.
- Catch the Young began to drop teaser images for their November 1 debut with “Youth.”
- Viviz were angelic in the image teasers for Versus. The group returns on November 2.
- Golden Child teased rebellion and pain in the MV teaser for their November 2 release, “Feel Me.”
- ZeroBaseOne began to drop concept teasers for Melting Point, out on November 6.
- Youngjae shared the track list for his November 6 album, Do It.
- GreatGuys will be back with “Deephagae” on November 6.
- OmegaX will release their third mini album, iykyk on November 7.
- Kiss of Life promised defiance in the concept trailer for Born to Be xx, out November 8.
- Stray Kids began to unveil tracks off their November 10 album, Star.
- Aespa took the Giant concept literally in the teasers for Drama, to be released on November 10.
- Red Velvet shared teaser photos and the comeback schedule for their November 13 album, What a Chill Kill.
- NTX posted their Odd Hour release schedule. The group will return on November 15.
- Enhypen dived deeper into their vampire lore with an eerie concept teaser film for Orange Blood, out on November 17.
- The Boyz announced their return with “Sixth Sense” November 20.
- Ateez will be back on December 1 with The World Ep.Fin: Will.
- Seonghwa will be sitting out current group activities following the passing of his grandmother.
- Jun So-min is leaving Running Man.
- Rocky (formerly Astro) founded his own agency, Onefineday Entertainment.
- Jisoo and Ahn Bo-hyun confirmed their breakup.