Welcome to another edition of SB Week in Review. Here’s all the news you might have missed over the past week:
- The 2022 Mnet Asian Music Awards were held over two nights this past week. BTS took home top honors for Proof , Male Artist of the Year, and Artist of the Year. Best Female Group went to Black Pink, while Ive and Xdinary Heroes took home the rookie awards for female and male groups respectively.
- After it came to light last week that his agency had not been compensating him for his musical releases, Lee Seung-gi requested to terminate his contract with Hook Entertainment. The CEO also released an apology taking responsibility for the unpaid earnings.
Debuts & Comebacks
- Kara reclaimed the stage with “When I Move.” The album review of Move Again is on it’s way!
- Red Velvet took on a series of strange creatures in “Birthday.” Our MV and album reviews will be out soon!
- Niel showed off a new side to his musicality in “A to Z.”
- Itzy played with truth and illusion in the MV for “Cheshire.” Keep an eye out for our album review!
- P1Harmony refused to “Back Down” in their latest MV.
- Xeed debuted with “Dream Land.”
- RM and Youjeen went on a journey of growth in “Wild Flower.” Our review of Indigo will be out shortly!
Teasers & Announcements
- WayV‘s newest album Phantom has been delayed from its original December 9 release date.
- The Boyz will release their special single “All About You” on December 6.
- Ahead of his official solo debut on December 9, Minho is releasing Concept Scenes for Chase.
- Super Junior shared the track list for The Road: Celebration, which will be released on December 16.
- NCT Dream have started to share individual member teasers for their special winter album Candy, out on December 19.
- SM Entertainment artists will come together for the compilation album, 2022 Winter SMTOWN: SMCU Palace, on December 26. The album will be followed by a free online concert on January 1.
- Moonbin&Sanha (Astro) will be back on January 4 with “Incense.”
- Hyuna announced her and Dawn‘s break-up through Instagram.
- Chuu also took to Instragram following her abrupt removal from Loona to explain that she had never done anything that would make her fans ashamed, and that she would speak more on the issue in the future.
- Son Ye-jin and Hyun Bin celebrated the birth of their first child.