Welcome to a double edition of SB Week in Review. Here’s all the news you might have missed over the past week:
- The latest on Ilhoon‘s trial: after his previous sentence of two years of prison and a 133 million won fine, Ilhoon and the prosecution appealed the sentence, requesting for a two-year sentence along with a fine of 126.6 million won. Ilhoon also prepared a lengthy statement acknowledging the consequences of drug usage, and has submitted 87 statements of repentance since the beginning of appeal trials.
- After a grueling lawsuit lasting two years, Samuel has won the lawsuit to invalidate his contract with Brave Entertainment.
Debuts & Comebacks
- Oneus made a theatrical return “Luna.” Check out our MV review and album review!
- Victon enjoyed their time together in the MV for “Sweet Travel.”
- Billlie debuted with “Ring x Ring.”
- Girls Planet 999 contestant Kim Suyeon was also announced as a new member of the group.
- B.I. was imaginative in “Cosmos.” Don’t miss our review!
- Mark Tuan showed off another side of himself in “Last Breath.” Check our review!
- IChillin made a “Fresh” debut.
- Lilli Lilli went retro for “Barcode.”
- Twice played “Scientist” in their latest MV.
- T-ara made a much awaited comeback with “Tiki Taka” after four years.
- Younha made an ethereal comeback with “Stardust“.
- Weki Meki were ready to wake up from their “Siesta” in their comeback. Stay tuned for our review!
- Ha Sungwoon lit up the scene with “Electrified“.
- Monsta X wanted to speed to the top in “Rush Hour“.
Teasers & Announcements
- SF9 dropped the highlight medley for Rumination, out on November 22.
- Bang Yongguk releases “Race” on November 23, his first release after establishing a one-man agency earlier this year.
- Hwasa will make a bold return on November 24 with the single album Guilty Pleasure.
- November 24 also sees an Ed Sheeran, Sunmi, and Jessi collaboration with “Shivers“.
- Ghost9 are fighting for “Control” in the MV teaser for their November 25 comeback.
- Stray Kids will put out a special single album, Christmas EveL, on November 29.
- Chungha returns with “Killing Me” on November 29.
- The mood sampler is out for Kai‘s November 30 album, Peaches.
- After some member changes, cignature will return on November 30 with Dear Diary Moment.
- Everglow will release Return of the Girl on December 1.
- Starship has started to introduce the members of their new girl group, IVE through individual video teasers. The group will debut on December 1.
- Ahead of their enlistment, ONF will transform into space cowboys for Goosebumps on December 3.
- NCT started teasing a sci-fi concept for Universe, out on December 14.
- JYP will launch a new boy group, Xdinary, with a superhero concept backing them.
- HYBE launched yet another label, ADOR, headed by former SM creative director Min Hee-jin.
- Minhyuk has withdrawn from D-Crunch. Member Dylan will also be taking a hiatus.
- Kim Junsu left C-Jes to start his own agency, Palmtree Island.
- Netflix hit Squid Game is confirmed for a second season.
- In a follow up to Mnet‘s vote rigging scandal, the network was ordered on November 8 to pay a fine for vote manipulation on Idol School.
- Lovelyz‘ Jiae has signed with YG KPlus, while Mijoo has signed with Antenna.
- Sorn has left CLC and Cube Entertainment.