Welcome to another edition of SB Week in Review! Here’s all the news you might have missed:
- SM Entertainment was ordered to pay over 20 billion won following an investigation into the company’s taxes.
- Both Black Pink and BTS received 2021 Kid’s Choice Awards nominations.
- Han of Stray Kids released an apology following the discovery of racist lyrics the rapper wrote and shared when he was 13. He said he took full responsibility for his actions.
- GFriend‘s Sowon also found herself in a controversy this week following her uploading pictures of her posing with a statue of a Nazi soldier to Instagram. The photos were promptly taken down and Source Music released an apology.
Debuts & Comebacks
- CIX returned with “Cinema.”
- Hyuna released another MV, this time for “Good Girl.” Check out our review!
- Kim Myungsoo (L) released the retrospective single “Memory.”
- Purple Kiss embraced a fitting R&B style for “Can We Talk Again?”
- Momoland collaborated with German artist Chomance for a remix of the tik tok hit, “Wrap Me in Plastic.” An unintentional fetish anthem? Or entirely too intentional?
Teasers & Announcements
- Kim Wooseok‘s Tasty samplers sound sweet. The MV for “Sugar” will be out on February 8.
- Chungha is releasing audio snippets ahead of February 15th’s Querencia.
- The concept trailer is out for Kang Daniel‘s Paranoia. The album is scheduled for a February 16 release.
- Tri.be will debut on February 17 with “De La Loca.” Along with individual member teasers, prologue films are also being released.
- Kingdom will debut on February 18 with the fitting single, “Excalibur.”
- Along with their February 22 album Don’t Call Me, Shinee will also launch a mini variety show Shinee Inc.
- Wei will have their first comeback on February 24 with Identity: Challenge.
- The second half of Wonho‘s Love Synonym is set for release on February 26.
- Ateez will return on March 1 with Zero: Fever Part 2. Member Mingi will not participate in promotions, but he did take part in the recording of the album.
- DSP Media has begun to release profile films for each member of their upcoming boy group, Mirae.
- Kim Bo-kyung passed away this week after a long battle with cancer. Our condolences.
- Swing Entertainment and Beat Interactive will jointly manage A.C.E. going forward.
- Elkie has officially parted ways with both CLC and Cube Entertainment following a request for contract termination back in December 2020.
Seoulbeats is run by fans and not-for-profit. If you like our content, please consider supporting us at ko-fi.com/seoulbeats (one-time donations) or patreon.com/seoulbeats (monthly donations)!
(Youtube:  . Naver:    , E Online. Images Via: MLD Entertainment, Cube Entertainment.)