Welcome to another edition of SB Week in Review. Here’s all the news you might have missed over the past week:
- On January 13, the original whistleblower of the Burning Sun case, Kim Sang-kyo, uploaded a post on Instagram that Hyoyeon was the DJ at the November 28 party in 2018. In his post, he claimed that she must have seen the VVIPs of the night and called her out asking for her witness account. SM Entertainment rebutted the claim stating that Hyoyeon was simply a DJ and had not witnessed much. Hyoyeon later refuted the claim by posting on her Instagram as well. Both Kang’s and Hyoyeon’s posts have been deleted.
Debuts & Comebacks
- Stray Kids’ I.N. teamed up with Bangchan and Changbin for “Maknae On Top“.
- AleXa explored showed a new music side of herself as she released a balladic “Never Let You Go“.
- Yubin‘s made a retro, groovy comeback with “Perfume“. Our review will be out soon!
- “What I Said” marked Victon‘s comeback.
- (G)I-dle returned with “Hwaa“. Catch up on our MV and album reviews!
- Treasure dropped a bright, whimsical “My Treasure” for their latest comeback.
- T1419 debuted with a powerful “Asurabalbalta“.
Teasers & Announcements
- There are several January comebacks to be excited about.
- On January 18,
- On January 19,
- On January 20, Cherry Bullet return with “Love So Sweet“.
- On January 22, Saturday drops their fifth single, “Only You“.
- On January 25,
- On January 26, Dreamcatcher’s Dystopia: Road to Utopia is scheduled for release.
- On January 27,
- Black Pink‘s Jennie has launched her own YouTube channel.
If you like the work we do and segments like this one, consider supporting Seoulbeats.