Welcome to another edition of SB Week in Review. Here’s all the news you might have missed over the past week:
- On Dec 17, it was reported that BoA and a staff member had been questioned by the prosecution on suspicions of bringing in psychotropic drugs into Korea. SM Entertainment later clarified that BoA had been prescribed sleeping pills in Japan beforehand, and her staff had wanted to get the medicine shipped to Korea but had not known that there had been formal customs clearance procedures.
- Music streaming service Spotify plans to launch in Korea in the first half of 2021.
Debuts & Comebacks
- Check out our playlist with a compilation of all the releases this week!
- DPR Ian released an intriguing, cinematic MV for “No Blueberries“.
- Although without an MV, Twice‘s release of “Cry For Me” pleasantly surprised fans.
- Hyunseung returned after 3 years with an MV for “I Just Can’t Stop Loving You“.
- Lee Hi and Crush teamed up for the melodic “For You“.
- Luna lent her voice to Marvel‘s Luna Snow in “Flow“.
- Super Junior dropped “Burn The Floor” as a pre-release to the upcoming The Renaissance.
- Taeyeon navigated through a breakup in her latest MV for “What Do I Call You“. Check out our album review!
- Epitone Project‘s melancholic “Sleepless” with Younha‘s vocals featured an emotional Kim Seon-ho.
- Infinite‘s Sunggyu returned with the R&B/hip hop inspired “I’m Cold“. We’ve reviewed the album here.
- Miso made a much-awaited comeback with “Let It Go” and Metanoia.
Teasers & Announcements
- Enhypen returns with “Let Me In (20 Cube)” on Dec 21.
- Baekhyun will release the special single “Amusement Park” also on the 21st.
- Jukjae and Vixx‘s Hyuk release “Camellia Flower” on Dec 22.
- 10cm‘s “Winter Breath” drops on Dec 23.
- Victon‘s comeback with Voice: The Future is Now has been postponed to Jan 11. It was originally scheduled for Dec 1.
- TVXQ‘s Yunho will be coming back with his second album in Jan, though exact details remain unknown.
- Black Pink‘s online concert has been postponed to Jan 31 from its original air date of Dec 27.
(YouTube:    . Twitter:  . Naver:  . SBS News. Business Wire. Images via: SM Entertainment, Belift Lab Inc.)