Welcome to another edition of SB Week in Review! Here’s all the news you might have missed:
- Yang Hyun-suk was officially charged 15 million won for illegal overseas gambling.
- Defendants convicted in the Produce 101 vote rigging scandal have filed appeals, meaning the cases will progress to the Supreme Court.
- BTS made history by becoming the first K-pop act nominated for a Grammy award. “Dynamite” is up for Best Pop/Duo performance.
- The group also took home two trophies at the 2020 American Music Awards.
- COVID cases saw a sharp rise this week in South Korea. With a social distancing restrictions moved up to level 2, there are likely to be many complications with entertainment schedules. As always, we hope all our readers are staying safe.
Debuts & Comebacks
- NCT returned with Resonance Pt 2 and MVs for “90’s Love” and “Work It.” Keep an eye out for our reviews!
- JYP’s newest Japanese group, NiziU dropped the MV for “Step and a Step” ahead of their official debut on December 2.
- Got7 shared a pre-release MV for the track “Breath.” The group will make their full comeback on November 30. In the meantime, check out our review of the MV.
- Chungha dropped another pre-release ahead of her official January comeback. This time, it’s a performance video for the English track “Dream of You” featuring R3hab.
- Whoever compiled Woo!Ah!‘s debut MV for “Bad Girl” had a little too much fun in post-production.
- Purple Kiss also debuted with the rock-infused track, “Heart Skip a Beat.”
- DPR Live dropped the new single “Jam and Butterfly” featuring Crush and eaJ (Day6‘s Jae).
Teasers & Announcements
- Twice will release an English version of their latest, “Can’t Stop Me” on November 30.
- Have you watched the teaser film for Kai’s solo debut? Get ready to want more. Thankfully, fans only have to wait until November 30 for the album and “MMMH” MV.
- Enhyphen are ready to debut! Their debut showcase will be held on November 30, and the teaser promises a darker concept than the MV teaser for “Given-Taken.”
- BoA will return with Better on December 1.
- Victon‘s VOICE: The Future is Now comeback has been delayed after a COVID scare. All members and staff have tested negative, but are approaching the comeback with extra caution.
- Oneus‘ digital single “Bbusyeo” looks like a goofy good time.
- Iz One are staying bold in the teasers for Act IV: One-Reeler.
- Jun.K will return on December 9 with 20 Minutes.
- It’s holiday release season! The first announced special release will be The Boyz‘ “Christmassy” on December 7.
- Any guesses as to what “Black Pink Around the World” is going to be?
- Some military updates:
- Exo‘s Xiumin has completed his service.
- Up10tion‘s Jinhoo enlisted on the 23rd.
- Teen Top‘s Ricky plans to enlist early next year.
- Super Junior signed with ICM Partners for their future activities in Asia.