Welcome to another edition of SB Week in Review! Here’s all the news you might have missed:
- Prosecutors are asking Yang Hyun-suk to pay 10 million won as a fine for illegal gambling. He will be sentenced later this month.
- B.A.P.‘s Himchan was caught drunk driving after crashing into a guardrail. He later released an apology.
- An anonymous post concerning Exo‘s Chanyeol was shared on a gossip site, claiming he was a serial cheater. Fans quickly proved the photos to be fake, and SM had “no statement” on the issue.
Debuts & Comebacks
- Twice couldn’t resist a thrilling, doomed love in the MV for “I Can’t Stop Me.” Keep an eye out for our album review!
- TXT returned with “Blue Hour” and Minisode 1: Blue Hour. Our reviewers appreciated the youthful charm of the releases, even if they weren’t a stand-out for the group.
- CIX‘s “Jungle” was a cinematic experience.
- T1419‘s “Dracula” made the most of Halloween to hide the members’ faces ahead of their debut.
- Drippin’ debuted with “Nostalgia.”
- JBJ95‘s “Jasmine” was a funky throwback.
- P1Harmony debuted in a dystopian world in the MV for “Siren.”
- After weeks of promotions, the MV for Refund Sisters’ “Don’t Touch Me” was finally released.
- Park Jihoon share the MV for “Hit it Off” ahead of his November 4 comeback with Message.
- Virtual girl group K/DA teamed up with Madison Beer, Soyeon and Miyeon (G Idle) and more for “More.” The full EP — featuring even more collabs — will drop on November 6.
- Mino‘s “Run Away” was a bit more somber than his previous solo release. Our album review will be out soon.
- CL used the metaphor of a blooming hibiscus (Korea’s national flower) in the MV for “Hwa.” Her album comeback with Alpha is confirmed for November 30.
- Ateez released a Halloween themed cover of “The Black Cat Nero.”
Teasers & Announcements
- The MV teaser is out for Monsta X‘s “Love Killa.” Fatal Love is due out on November 2.
- For fans of the royal concept, out the same day will be AB6IX‘s “Salute.”
- Also drawing weapons are the members of Mamamoo for “Aya“. A series of MV teasers have been released ahead of their November 3 comeback with the mini, Travel.
- Ahead of the release of Filmlet on November 4, Bol4 shared a behind the scenes recording film.
- Girlkind will release their new single album “Psycho for You” on November 4 as well.
- Individual member teasers are being released for Secret Number‘s single album, Got that Boom.
- Berry Good are sharing concept teasers ahead of their upcoming single, “Accio” on November 5.
- Super Junior will be celebrating their 15th anniversary this month and releasing a full album in December. A pre-release track “The Melody” will be shared on November 6.
- Treasure will release their third single album The First Step: Chapter Three on November 6. Check out the concept video.
- Continuing his ascension into darkness, Taemin shared the teasers for the second half of his latest comeback Never Gonna Dance Again: Act 2. Look out for the album on November 9.
- Out the same day, but the complete end of the concept spectrum, is G Friend‘s 回:Walpurgis Night. It looks like each track is getting its own set of concept photos, making the final MV all the more mysterious.
- Also coming out on the 9th is Ha Sung Woon‘s Mirage. Keep an eye out for teasers!
- The first concept photo has been released for E’Last‘s Awake. The mini comes out on November 11.
- Black Eyed Pilsung is doing their best to introduce the members of their new group StayC ahead of their November 12 debut with “Star to a Young Culture.“
- BtoB will introduce a new unit, BtoB 4U on November 16.
- Momoland confirmed their November 17 comeback with the single album Ready or Not.
- The schedule has been shared for BAE173‘s November 19 debut.
- Fans are eagerly awaiting more teasers for BTS‘ Be.
- Rain is returning to his roots by announcing a collaboration with JYP.
- SM has begun to tease their half-avatar girl group Aespa. Lee Soo-man, madman or genius?
- The Korean Popular Culture & Arts Awards were held, with actors like Hyun Bin and Gong Hyo-jin being acknowledged among others.
- Rainbow‘s Jisook and Lee Doo-hee tied the knot this week. Congrats!
- MAMA nominations are out. Let the bloodbath begin.