Welcome to another edition of SB Week in Review! Here’s all the news you might have missed:
- Kim Hyun-joong returned to headlines this week after helping to save the life of a chef while on vacation in Jeju.
- Lee Hyori has officially left social media this week following a flurry of negative comments.
- BTS‘ became the first Korean group to top the Billboard Hot 100 with “Dynamite,” inspiring politicians, fans, and media to praise their success. Congrats!
- Big Hit also shared that there is potential to delay Jin‘s impending enlistment.
- The Rose‘s request for contract termination from J & Star Company was denied by courts. The case will continue through arbitration.
Debuts & Comebacks
- Lovelyz showed off a more dark side — and took a note from Harry Potter — in “Obliviate.”
- Astro‘s MJ and Pentagon‘s Hui teamed up in a trot group to become Superfive. Their debut MV, “All Eyes on Me” certainly caught our attention.
- Super M came back with the kitschy treat, “Tiger Inside.” Be sure to check out our review!
- The imagery in “Helicopter” was a bit all over the place, but there’s no doubt that CLC came out swinging in their latest comeback.
- A.C.E. declared that they can be your “Favorite Boys.” Our reviewer found it visually wonderful, but a bit appropriative.
- Super Junior D&E returned with the dance — and horse? — focused MV for “BAD.”
- Jamie was nothing short of confident in her latest MV for “Numbers” featuring Changmo.
- Wonho‘s “Open Mind” was more groovy and shirtless than his pre-release “Losing You.”
- Jackson (GOT7) channeled his inner wolf — and potential stalker — in the MV for “Pretty Please.”
- Loopy and Chanyeol featured on Devine Channel‘s “Faded.”
Teasers & Announcements
- The MV teaser for Taemin‘s “Criminal” is out and promises a bit of a spooky time.
- Namjoo (Apink) is ready to break out in the MV teaser for her solo, “Bird.”
- Also making her solo debut on September 7 is Oh My Girl‘s YooA. The highlight medley promises some upbeat summer vibes.
- Stray Kids have begun to unveil tracks for their upcoming repackage album, due out on September 14.
- Astro will debut a new sub-unit of Moonbin and Sanha with In-Out on September 15.
- VAV will also be back on September 15 with “Bad Idea.”
- fromis_9 has dropped all the individual member teasers ahead of their September 16 comeback with My Little Society.
- BDC will be back on September 23 with The Intersection: Belief.
- Up10tion released the schedule for their September 24 comeback.
- Woollim will be debuting a new group, Drippin, in October. Hopefully that name is subject to change.
- Laboum will also be dropping a new mini album in October.
- Dahye (formerly Bestie) will debut as a soloist in October with her first album and a cover of Uhm Jung-hwa‘s “Poison.”
- CL shouted out 2NE1 in her latest “Intro” teaser.
- Keeho, a member of the upcoming FNC group P1Harmony, had some racist posts resurface from his time co-moderating a K-pop blog in 2017. FNC stated that the posts were not made by Keeho himself, but that he should have been more careful in the past.
- Big Hit might be acquiring Zico‘s KOZ Entertainment, but nothing has been decided yet. This comes alongside news that Big Hit plans to become a publicly traded company.
- Bora signed with Key East Entertainment.
- Crayon Pop‘s Gumni welcomed her first child.
- Meanwhile, S.E.S.’ Bada announced her pregnancy.
- Both IU and B.O.Y.s Song Yu-vin were celebrated for their charitable donations.
- Park Bogeum enlisted this week. Wishing him a safe service!