Welcome to another edition of SB Week in Review! Here’s all the news you might have missed:
- SM Entertainment announced that they will take legal action against the claimant making distorted claims and malicious posts about NCT‘s Taeyong, and anyone who continues to do so in the future. Allegations around the idol being a bully in school have resurfaced, and Dispatch has countered with evidence that the latest chat logs against the idol were edited and that he has changed from how he used to be.
- SM Entertainment has also warned legal action against Lysn users who sent inappropriate messages to Red Velvet‘s Irene and Seulgi.
- Drama fans, let’s cry together. Woo Do-hwan and Park Bo-gum will be enlisting on July 6 and August 31 respectively.
Debuts & Comebacks
- Seventeen rightly advised fans to keep their eyes wide open and chin up when at the starting line, in “Left and Right“, the title to their seventh mini album Heng:garae. Read our review here.
- Golden Child were falling down in “One (Lucid Dream)“, the title to their mini album Take A Leap.
- Blackpink released the much anticipated “How You Like That“, a pre-release single to their comeback later this year. Read about how pre-releases are evolving in K-pop here.
Teasers & Announcements
- Mamamoo‘s Hwasa‘s is all set to being her unique, sexy charisma to her first solo mini album María on June 29.
- Following leader Lim Young-min‘s departure from the group for a DUI, Ab6ix finally release their new album Vivid, led by title track “The Answer“, apparently re-recorded without him, on June 29.
- Sunmi returns on June 29 with “pporappippam“.
- Woodz a.k.a. Cho Seung-yeon of X1 and UNIQ fame, will be releasing his first mini album Equal, and title track “Love Me Harder” on June 29.
- Also coming on June 29, is an MV for “Eternally“, a b-side off TXT‘s recent mini album The Dream Chapter: Eternity.
- Lee Jin-hyuk‘s upcoming mini album Splash! sounds to be cheerful and fun! Check it out on June 30.
- Pentagon will be releasing a Music Video for “Basquiat”, their entry for the finale of Road To Kingdom on June 30.
- Also scheduled for June 30, is the debut of Play M Entertainment‘s new girl group, Weeekly, with We Are, and its title track “Tag me (@ me)“.
- CIX were scheduled to return on June 30, but have postponed their comeback after Bae Jin-young suffered an ankle injury. The new release date is yet to be announced.
- Rain will feature in “Summer Hate”, the title track to Zico‘s third EP, Random Box, which is scheduled for release on July 1. The two are currently appearing as mentors in Mnet and Big Hit Entertainment‘s observation reality idol survival program, I-Land.
- B1A4‘s Sandeul will be releasing something (still unspecified) on July 2.
- Chungha will release her second pre-release single “Play” on July 6.
- SF9 return with their new mini album 9loryUS on July 6.
- G.Friend announced their comeback with 回: Song of the Sirens!, scheduled for July 13.