Welcome to another edition of SB Week in Review! Here’s all the news you might have missed:
- The police will conclude their investigation on the Burning Sun in the coming week, and will request for an arrest warrant for Seungri.
- Although he was insistent of his lack of drug usage, Park Yoochun has since then confessed about his drug usage; specifically, he has owned up to using methamphetamine with ex-fiancé Hwang Hana. His lawyer has dropped his case.
- Following the video released by students of the School of Performing Arts (SOPA) on student exploitation, principal Park Jae-ryeon has resigned.
Debuts & Comebacks
- Nu’est raised the stakes in “Bet Bet“, finally returning as a full group.
- Park Bom and Mamamoo‘s Wheein delivered a sentimental duet with “4:44“.
- Apink‘s Eunji teamed up with 10cm for a sweet spring track, “Be With Me“.
- Chancellor and Taeyeon collaborated for the ballad “Angel“.
- Kim Donghan captures all your “Focus” with his latest comeback.
- Golden Child waved Spring goodbye with “Spring Again“.
- TXT dropped an English version of their B-side, “Cat & Dog“.
Teasers & Announcements
- Park Hyo Shin will drop a new single, “Goodbye”, on May 6 ahead of his concert.
- Eric Nam returns with Runaway on May 8.
- Oh My Girl make a comeback with The First Season on May 8
- Henry will make a tease his upcoming album with a pre-release jazz track on May 9.
- Exo‘s Xiumin will release “You” for the next SM Station release on May 9.
- Weki Meki will drop their second single, Lock End LOL, on May 14.
- EXID will return with their third mini-album on May 15.
- TVXQ‘s Yunho plans to release his first solo album in June.
- BTS attended the Billboard Music Awards 2019 on May 1. Along with their first live performance with Halsey, the group won Top Social Artist for their third year in a row and the Top Duo/Group award for the first time.
- EXID’s Hani and Jeonghwa will be leaving Banana Culture at the end of their contracts. As of now, the agency states that this in no way will affect the group and does not translate to disbandment.
- Rock duo Traxx has left SM Entertainment after 15 years.