Welcome to another edition of SB Week in Review. Here’s all the news you might have missed this week:
- Reportedly, SM Entertainment has sent over 10 million won to Lee Soo-man‘s private agency over a period of two consecutive years. It’s apparently the reason for their declining operating profits. However, SM Entertainment has defended themselves by claiming there are no illegal operations happening with Lee’s private agency. The capital was used for production purposes.
- KNK‘s Youjin was diagnosed with panic disorder, and will temporarily be suspending all activities. For the time being, KNK will be promoting as four.
- Nu’est‘s Baekho has been acquitted of sexual assault charges against him after an eight-month legal dispute.
- Actress Han Ye-seul has been involved in a hospital accident. While undergoing a surgery for lipoma, the medical practitioner caused a circular burn mark on her skin. She has been undergoing some outpatient treatment, and the hospital has formally apologized.
Debuts & Comebacks
- Check out our playlist above for all the comebacks this week!
- Vixx made science sexy in “Scentist” from Eau de Vixx.
- Eddy Kim made us go “Whoa Whoa” in his new music video.
- JBJ promised to “Call Your Name” in their final comeback single.
- SNSD‘s Hyoyeon claimed she isn’t looking for love in “Sober“.
- Mamamoo‘s Wheein asserted she’s not “Easy” with Sik-K.
- Ha:tfelt (Ye Eun, member of Wonder Girls) showed off her sultry side in “Pluhmm“
- F(x)‘s Amber had “High Hopes” in Rogue Rogue mixtape.
- NCT showed power in numbers in “Black on Black“, a track from their album NCT 2018 Empathy.
- Imfact returned with a catchy dance-track, “The Light“.
Teasers & Announcements
- Hyorin‘s new single featuring Gray, “Dally”, will be released on April 23.
- F(x)’s Luna will be coming back with That Kind of Night, a digital single album, on April 24. Her title track will be “Night Reminiscin'”, featuring Yang Da-il. A second track “Falling Out”, will tell a story about a heartbreaking love.
- Mamamoo’s Solar will be releasing a solo mini-album, Solar Sensibility Part 6, on April 24. It will contain 4 tracks with music videos for each, including a solo version of Mamamoo’s “Star Wind Flower Sun” from Yellow Flower.
- BTS will be returning with their third full album, Love Yourself: Tear, on May 18.
- Teen Top will be coming back in May.
- AOA will be coming back in late May with six members.
- H.U.B‘s Rui will be making her solo debut in May.
- Sulli will be returning to television with her own reality program titled Jinri Shop. It will feature her daily life and her new pop-up shop.
- Produce48 will be paying their trainees an appearance fee this season, unlike the previous one. Each trainee will be paid 100,000 won for each episode, and 1,000,000 won for every released song that they participate in. Additionally, Lee Seung-gi is reported to be the new MC for the show.
- Wanna One will be releasing their first unit songs via a new Mnet Variety Program. It is said they will be collaborating with artists such as Dynamic Duo, Heize, Zico, and Nell.
- Cube Entertainment will be debuting a new six-membered girl group, (G)I-dle, on May 2.
- Highlight‘s Gikwang and 2AM‘s Jinwoon will be the MCs of God of Football, a 2018 World Cup pilot program.
- Got7‘s JB and Yugyeom will be launching an art collaboration and reality show with Perrier. Collaboran is a new project that aims to get K-Pop and global stars to collaborate in creating art, and revealing the process through their show. The Got7 members will be collaborating with Ben Jones, and the show will be aired via Perrier’s social media sites.