Welcome to another edition of SB Week in Review! Here’s all the news you might have missed:
- The 32nd Golden Disk Awards were held over two nights this week — one evening for digital performance and one for physical sales.
- IU took home the digital Daesang for “Through the Night,” while BTS was awarded the physical Daesang for Love Yourself: Her.
- Digital Bonsang winners included: Black Pink, Heize, Bolbogan4, Akdong Muscian, Twice, Big Bang, Winner, Yoon Jong-shin, and Red Velvet.
- And for Physical Bonsang winners: Exo, Monsta X, Taeyeon, SNSD, Twice, Seventeen, Nu’est, Hwang Chi-yeol, Seventeen, and Super Junior.
- There was some confusion following the ceremony and GDA clarified their criteria for physical single albums going forward: only albums with six or more new songs, released on the same day, and in Korea will be counted — which eliminates serval mini albums and repackages from qualifying for the grand prize.
- Shinee members shared their decision to continue as four. We at Seoulbeats wish them all the best moving forward.
- From 2018 onward, Gaon will omit the display of digital stream and download numbers on its charts.
- Jeon Ki-Sang, PD for Boys Over Flowers, passed away after being hit by a car. Our condolences to his family and friends.
Debuts & Comebacks
- Infinite made their first comeback as six with “Tell Me” and the new album, Top Seed.
- Park Kyung co-wrote the lead single “Don’t Leave,” for Block B‘s repackage, Re:Montage.
- Cheetah returned with “Stagger.”
- An MV for Taeyeon‘s “I’m All Ears” off her winter album surprised fans in all the right ways.
- Dream Catcher teased their March comeback with the digital single, “Full Moon.”
- Oh My Girl‘s “Secret Garden” is expectedly dreamy, with some unexpected CGI wildlife. Expect our album review soon!
- Jenyer shared a live acoustic version of her latest, “Because.”
- It’s the middle of winter in Korea, but Pristin dream of “The Summer Night.”
- Jang Wooyoung (2PM) is “Going Going” in a pre-release for his new solo album due out on January 15.
- Actor Hyun Bin starred in the sombre MV for Kim Dong-ryul‘s “Reply.”
- Jokwon is “Lonely” in his first release under Cube Entertainment.
- MXM are back with their second mini album and an MV for “Diamond Girl.”
- Stray Kids are, well, growling, in their pre-release “Grr.”
- Our SM Station release of the week is NCT U‘s “Timeless.”
Teasers & Announcements
- Chungha‘s 2nd mini album Offset is due out on January 17. Have any of the song previews caught your attention?
- Are you Ready to Jimin? The AOA soloist will be releasing the single “Hey” as well as a fashion film MV on January 19.
- iKon is all set for a January 25 comeback with “Love Scenario.”
- Teasers continue to drop for Sunmi‘s “Herione.”
- JBJ teased “Flower” off their upcoming album True Colors.
- It’s debut time for From_9. Check out the teaser for “10cm Away From Me.”
- Jeong Sewoon is ready for Part 2: After on January 24.
- Gugudan are reportedly slated to return on January 31.
- In idol variety show news:
- Weki Meki is getting their first reality show: Weki Meki: What’s Up?
- Oh My Girl‘s Miracle Expedition will broadcast from January 25.
- Former SNSD member Sooyoung‘s 1990 Choi Sooyoung began it’s online run through Dingo.
- Boa and Key (Shinee) are teaming up for Keyword #BoA.
- Yoona and Park Bo-gum will be house guests on the second season of Lee Hyori’s Homestay.
- EXID‘s Solji underwent orbital decompression surgery this week. Her agency shared that she is recovering well. In other EXID news, the group plans to re-release one of their B-sides each month throughout 2018. The Re:flower project kicks off on January 15.
- FAVE trainees from the show Mix Nine were involved in a car accident. As such, Lee Soojin will be leaving the show. Wishing them a speedy recovery!
- Following the announcement that T-ara is leaving MBK Entertainment, the company plans to trademark the group name. Maybe T-ara members will take a play from Highlight.
- We’re only halfway through January and have three more couples to add to the quickly growing list of 2018 relationships:
- Former T-ara member Areum revealed via Instagram that her boyfriend is actor Lee Seung-jae.
- Lee Jung-jin and Nine Muses‘ Euaerin confirmed their relationship.
- Gong Yoo and and Jung Yoo-mi denied marriage rumors. However, they never denied the relationship.
- Happy 8th debut anniversary to CNBlue!