Welcome to another edition of SB Week in Review! Here’s all the news you might have missed:
- KBS‘ Music Bank apologized for an error in calculating the rankings on the weekly chart for its July 24 episode. Exo-SC were to have been in first place and not Blackpink, who should have been in second place.
Debuts & Comebacks
- Kang Daniel showed off his sexier side in “Waves (ft. Jamie, Simon Dominic)“. Read our review here.
- Back from military service, Highlight‘s leader Yoon Dojoon released Daybreak, led by “Lonely Night“.
- Ateez explored young love at its most passionate and surreal in “Inception“. Read what our writer had to say about it here.
- Soyou, formerly of Sistar, was a stunning in “Gotta Go“.
- April returned with some summer cheer and an enviable day at the beach in “Now or Never“.
- Eric Nam surprised with the release of a new mini album The Other Side, along with the quirky MV for “Paradise“.
- Also titled “Paradise” was the seaside MV for Ravi‘s latest release, featuring Ha Sungwoon.
- Jessi asked if you could handle her in “Nunu Nana” which also stars Lee Hyori, and is the title track to her new album Nuna.
Teasers & Announcements
- Get ready for Kang Daniel on August 3. “Who U Are” looks to be firey, passionate and sexy. In the meantime, read our review of Daniel’s pre-release single, “Waves“, here.
- (G)I-dle are set to return with “Dumdi Dumdi” on August 3. The song is co-composed by Soyeon.
- Mark your calendars folks! Shinee‘s Taemin will be releasing an album titled Never Gonna Dance Again in three parts. The first prologue single is scheduled for August 2, and titled “2 Kids”.
- Rocket Punch will be serving up a Blue Punch on August 4. It promises to be “Juicy“.
- Cherry Bullet returns with “Aloha Oe” on August 6.
- YG Entertainment‘s 12 member boygroup Treasure is ramping up promotions ahead of its debut on August 7 with “Boy”. Despite the long wait, we only get a single album, this one titled “The First Step: Chapter One”, because it is YG.
- ONF, who won our hearts on Road To Kingdom, will be returning on August 10 with a mini album, Spin Off.
- The title track to Victon and former X1‘s Han Seungwoo‘s solo debut mini album, Fame, is called “Sacrifice“. It will be released on August 10.
- Dreamcather will return with a new mini album, Dystopia : Lose Myself, on August 17.
- Monster rookies Itzy also return on August 17, with “Not Shy”.
- Oneus will make their first comeback after Road To Kingdom on August 19 with Lived.
- BTS will be releasing an English language single on August 21.
- Blackpink‘s first album, titled Blackpink The Album, will be released on October 2.
- B1A4‘s Sandeul announced his return (date unknown at the time of writing this article), with a new mini album My Little Thought Ep.01.
- 1THE9, formed pursuant the MBC survival show Under Nineteen, will be disbanding on August 8. Wishing its young members the best of luck in their careers going forward!
- Girl group Yellow Bee is being disbanded. Its agency, Addiction Entertainment, stated that the promiscuous behavior of one of the members supposedly led to the members being unable to come to an agreement. In response, member Ari took to Instagram to refute the agency’s statement and instead, allege that the members had been sexually harassed, assaulted and exploited by the agency’s managers and staff.
- Yellow Bee is a five member group that debuted in November 2017. Interestingly, its entire line-up was replaced in 2019 after the original members reportedly withdrew their contracts with the agency.
- Following former member Minah‘s claims of bullying by other members, ILuv’s agency WKS ENE announced that it has filed a criminal complaint on suspicions of spreading false information and defamation, against Minah.