Welcome to another edition of SB Week in Review. Here’s all the news you might have missed over the past week:
- As a result of Covid-19 and its economic impact on various companies, Roots Entertainment has terminated all contracts with their artists, including the members of 3-year-old group Girls’ Alert. Saetbyeol has moved on to another company after being scouted and Narin has left the company. Jisung, Seulbi, and Gooseul have chosen to stay with the agency until the financial situation improves.
- Back in 2016, the court had ordered Park Yoochun to compensate one of the victims who had accused him of sexual assault, yet he had failed to do so. As such, he attended court on April 22 over his failure to pay damages, where the ruling of “non-punishment” was given.
Debuts & Comebacks
- Ha:tfelt was a “Sweet Sensation” in her latest music video. Check out our review here!
- Got7 made a much-awaited comeback with “Not By The Moon“. See what our writer had to say about the music video.
- H&D wished a “Good Night” in the music video for Soulmate. Read our album review here!
- Hoppipola released their first mini album, Spring to Spring. Here’s our review!
- Bvndit released a sentimentally illustrated video for “Children“.
- Solar was bold and alluring in “Spit it Out“. Our album review is coming soon!
- April returned with a space-inspired “Lalalilala“.
- Kang Daniel and Zico were “Refresh“ing for their collaboration video for Pepsi.
- The members of Imfact were living in a “Lie” in their music video.
Teasers & Announcements
- Chungha returns with her pre-release single Stay Tonight on Apr 27.
- Oh My Girl will be releasing “Nonstop” on Apr 27 as well.
- GWSN‘s fourth mini-album, the Keys, drops on Apr 28.
- The members of NCT Dream are gearing up for their return with Ridin‘ on Apr 29.
- Astro continues to tease their May 4 release of Getaway.
- Jongup makes his solo debut on May 7.
- Nu’est released an intriguing trailer for The Nocturne, which drops May 11.
- Monsta X also has plans to drop their next mini-album, Fantasia, on May 11.
- Day6, too, is gearing up for a May 11 comeback.
- TXT will be making a comeback in mid-May, though other details remain unknown.
- Baekhyun plans to release his second solo album sometime in late May.
- Twice is confirmed for a June comeback. Specifics are yet to be released.
- Red Velvet‘s first sub-unit consisting of Irene and Seulgi will be debuting soon, but further details are not out yet.
- Blackpink will be featuring on Lady Gaga‘s upcoming album. The album was due for release on Apr 10, but was been postponed due to the pandemic. There has yet to be a new date announced.