Welcome to another edition of SB Week in Review! Here’s all the news you might have missed:
- Petitions have begun making rounds in support of the East Light. Back on October 18, it was revealed that the members were subject to physical and verbal abuse at the hand of Media Line Entertainment‘s producer. As the legal battle begins between members Lee Seok-cheol and Lee Seung-hyun and the CEO of Media Line, the remaining four members of the group have had their contracts terminated. We’ll have a full run-down of the situation soon.
- A judge rejected the request for an arrest warrant against Goo Hara‘s ex-boyfriend Choi Jong-bum; however, the assault case is still under investigation.
Debuts & Comebacks
- Check out our playlist of all the week’s releases above!
- Boa pulled off one of an impressive choreography stunt in the MV for her latest anthem, “Woman.”
- The MV for Monsta X‘s “Shoot Out” is nothing short of intense amid a week of treats:
- After wrapping up the most recent leg of their international tour, BTS had some special releases:
- Stray Kids made their third comeback with “I am YOU.”
- Sam Kim wanted to “Make Up” in a new MV featuring Crush.
- Golden Child promised eternal devotion in “Genie.”
- ATEEZ debuted with two MVs: “Treasure” and “Pirate King.”
- Flowsik went off on liars and cheats in “Bbung.”
- The Black Eyed Peas once again featured CL on their latest track, “Dopeness.”
- NFlying kicked off their Fly High Project with the MV for “Like a Flower.”
Teasers & Announcements
- Eric Nam strolled the streets of London in the teaser for “Miss You.”
- IZONE are ready to debut with “La Vie en Rose” on October 29.
- Twice are getting playful in the teasers for Yes or Yes, coming our way November 1.
- Exo have been rolling out individual member teasers for “Tempo” due out on November 2. Which of the four concepts is your favorite?
- Gugudan will be back on November 6 as an eight member group, following the departure of Hyeyeon. Teasers for Act 5: New Action show off the group’s quirky colors.
- Black Pink‘s Jennie will make her “Solo” debut on November 12. YG also revealed that the rest of the Black Pink members are preparing solo debuts.
- Black Pink signed with American label Interscope Records and have their sites set on global domination. If the Dua Lipa collaborations are anything to go by, fans will be in for more treats in the future.
- It seems like just yesterday we were watching the members of Wanna One compete of Produce 101, but it’s already time for their final comeback on November 19 with The Origin of Love.
- There’s still no confirmed date for Mino‘s (Winner) November solo debut, but the teasers for XX drip feed details.
- 2PM‘s Nichkhun will make his Japanese solo debut in December.
- The second-annual Seoul Awards were held on October 27 with The Spy Gone North winning top film, and My Ahjussi taking home best drama.
- Verbal Jint issued an apology after using “GFriend” as the titles of one of his new songs.
- Cosmic Girls‘ Yeonjung will be taking a temporary break from activities due to exhaustion.