Hello readers, and welcome back to another edition of Week in Review. Here’s what need to know:
- It is being reported that Uhm Tae-woong‘s wife, former ballerina Yoon Hye-jin has suffered a miscarriage. She had been pregnant with the couple’s second child. This news comes in the wake of Uhm’s recent scandal, which saw accusations of sexual assault levelled against him. Police have since cleared Uhm of the charge, but did book him for soliciting a prostitute. Uhm’s agency, Key East Entertainment, has distanced the case from the miscarriage, reporting that Yoon had been in poor health since before recent revelations. Our condolences to Yoon and her family in this difficult time; we wish her a full recovery.
- B.A.P leader Bang Yong-guk is the latest idol to take time off due to mental health reasons. Wishing him a full recovery.
- It was revealed that Monsta X members Wonho, Kihyun and Hyungwon were involved in a minor car accident. The members are said to be fine, but let’s hope there aren’t any more road incidents in the future.
- Rainbow will likely be disbanding, as predicted. Jaekyung, Noeul and Jisook have opted not to renew their contracts with DSP.
- After six years, Leessang‘s Gary will be leaving Running Man to focus more on his music.
Debuts & Comebacks
- Twice have done it again with “TT.” Read our review here.
- Exo‘s Lay has made his solo debut in China with Lose Control, which is something I almost did when I saw the epnonymous lead single’s music video.
- Sistar‘s Hyorin — or Hyolyn — has kicked off promotions for her comeback with “Love Like This,” featuring Dok2.
- Cheetah dropped a new track, but is there a MV for it? “Not Today.”
- Block B’s Bastarz released “Selfish & Beautiful Girl.”
- Unpretty Rapstar 3‘s Giant Pink and Miryo team up for “Rock Scissors Paper.”
- Jay Park can be your Justin Bieber in “Me Like Yuh.”
- Soloist NC.A is back with “Next Station.”
- Former Fiestar member Cheska has resurfaced as a soloist, signed to Grandline Entertainment.
- Paloalto released MVs for “Home” and “Victories.”
- High4 20 celebrate the “Weekend” in their latest MV.
- Rookie girl group A.de is back for a “Good Time.”
- HIGHGRND‘s The Solutions team up with Lovelyz’s Kei for “Beautiful.”
- This week’s Station release features SM trainee Johnny with Yoon Do-hyun, G2 and Inlayer for “Nightmare.”
Teasers & Announcements
- There are a bunch of Halloween releases:
- But don’t expect to relax the next day, as we have the following November 1 releases:
- On the 2nd, former 4Minute member Jiyoon will debut her first solo mini-album, Day and Night.
- After almost nine years since is last release, Kangta will be coming back on the 3rd with mini-album Home.
- On November 7:
- While Yong-guk is recuperating, B.A.P will be performing as five during promotions for 2nd studio album Noir, and lead single “Skydive.”
- Astro will continue their seasonal releases with an autumnal mini-album this November.
- The Produce 101 debuts aren’t over yet: mentor and choreographer Bae Yoon-jung will be debuting Seeart, featuring trainee Yoo Su-a, under her label Yama&Hotchicks.
- Meanwhile, successor show Finding Momoland didn’t find as much success, failing to drum up enough attention and excitement for their own girl group. Luckily, a Makestar fundraiser has made it possible for Momoland to debut after all.
- It still feels like they just started “1 of 1” promotions, but Shinee is already preparing their repackaged album.
- Here’s another teaser for Jun Ji-hyun and Lee Min-ho‘s drama Legend of the Blue Sea.
- Lee Sung-kyung and Nam Woo-hyuk have been cast as athletes in love for MBC drama Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok-ju!
- The 2016 MAMA nominations have been announced — let the voting commence! The fan wars will come to a head at the Hong Kong ceremony on December 2.
- And! Lee Hyori! Is! Coming! Back! After an extended hiatus, the star resurfaced in a photoshoot for Marie Claire Korea, and revealed plans for a new album. I hope it’s as good as Monochrome.
- Hollywood director Brett Ratner is planning to remake 2011 Korean hit film Sunny.
- The Korean Popular Culture an Arts Awards were held on the 27th, with G-Dragon, Shinee, BTS, BoA and more collecting honorary awards.
- Former GP Basic member and Unpretty Rapstar 3 contestant Janey has signed with MBK Entertainment.
- Following up with the rest of 4Minute: Gayoon and Sohyun have also signed on to different agencies to embark on their solo careers, with Jihyun also following suit.
- Meanwhile, rumours are still swirling around Beast‘s next step: the latest story is that they will be setting up their own agency with a former JYPE producer. Hopefully we get a clearer picture of what is happning in time for the next edition of Week in Review.
- Someone found MBLAQ music show trophies for sale at a flea market.
- And you have to check out this Gugudan dance cover of Vixx’s “Chained Up.”
(eDaily, Facebook, Ilgan Sports, Instagram, Instiz, Joy News 24, Korea Herald, Korea Times, Mashable, My Daily, Osen, SM Town, Sports Donga, Twitter, Vyrl, X Sports News, YouTube. Images via: DSP Media, YG Ent., CJ E&M)