Welcome to another edition of SB Week in Review. Here’s all the news you might have missed over the past week:
- On April 12, South Korea’s Constitution Court ruled that the Abortion Ban has to be overturned by 2020. Currently, abortions are banned in early stages of pregnancy and there is punishment for violation. Exceptions are only allowed in cases of rape, threats to the mother’s life, or due to certain diseases.
- Seungri is under suspicion of using Burning Sun’s profits to pay his manager’s salary.
- After Hwang Hana‘s arrest for drug use, ex-fiancé Park Yoochun was under suspicion for having used drugs with her. He held a press conference on April 10 to publicly deny any allegations and announced cooperation with any investigations that might happen. On an April 12 report by MBC, it was reported that the police had identified Park as the person who had done drugs with her. The investigation to confirm this claim is on-going.
- TV personality Robert Holley has also been arrested for drug usage. He had apparently been taking a form of methamphetamine (Philopon).
- Earlier this year, the Ministry of Education had cancelled the degrees of seven celebrity students at Dongshin university; they were: Highlight‘s Lee Gikwang and Yoon Doojoon, BTOB‘s Eunkwang and Yook Sungjae, Yong Junhyung, Jang Hyunseung and Chu Ga-yeol. The university had submitted an official objection, which has been rejected by the Ministry of Education on the grounds of low levels of attendance.
Debuts & Comebacks
- Check out our playlist for all the comebacks this week!
- BTS, together with Halsey, returned with “Boy With Luv” and Map of the Soul: Persona.
- Ravi and Eunha collaborated for a cute Spring song: “Blossom“.
- 1the9 was under the “Spotlight” with their debut music video.
- Members of VAV claimed “I’m Sorry“, a song off their 4th mini-album, Thrilla Killa.
- BVNDIT made a colourful debut with “Hocus Pocus“.
- Jackson made a solo comeback, dedicating “Oxygen” to his fans.
- Yongzoo sang a melancholic ballad for “This Time“.
Teasers & Announcements
- Super Junior‘s D&E return with “Danger” on April 14.
- Twice continue to tease their comeback with Fancy You on April 22.
- Highlight’s Dongwoon will be sharing his 1st mini-album, Act 1: The Orchestra, on April 22 before his enlistment.
- Verivery continues to gear up for their 2nd mini-album, Veri-able, on April 24.
- Nu’est will be back with a new album and all 5 members on April 29.
- The Boyz will be coming back with Bloom Bloom, their 2nd mini-album, on April 29 as well.