Welcome to another edition of SB Week in Review! Here’s all the news you might have missed:
- The 2018 Soribada Music Awards were held on August 30 with Twice and BTS taking home top honors. Red Velvet, Wanna One, Exo and Monsta X also took home awards. Congratulations to all!
- Following a series of online attacks, hidden camera footage of Laysha members was leaked online this week. The members took to Instagram to express their anger and warn the perpetrators that they will be punished.
- TS Entertainment and Jun Hyosung have yet to reach an agreement regarding her civil lawsuit for contract termination. TS is requesting that Hyosung repay her deposit to the company before any contract termination can take place; while Hyosung argues that her contract should be ruled invalid due to the company’s refusal to compensate her.
- BTS broke even more records with “Idol” garnering the most YouTube views ever within 24 hours. The group was also awarded the Fan Favorite award at the iHeart Radio MMVA‘s.
- It was a week of victories for South Korea in the Asian Games, where teams took home the gold in both men’s soccer and baseball. Super Junior and iKon also had the honor of performing at the closing ceremony on September 2.
Debuts & Comebacks
- Check out our playlist of the week’s release above!
- Shinhwa‘s Heart was perfectly on trend, according to our reviewer. The MV for “Kiss Me Like That” was also an excellent celebration of the group’s 20th anniversary.
- Longguguo put out his first solo album with the lead track “Friday n Night.”
- Nu’est W shared the special MV for ““ylenoL.”
- NCT Dream came back with “We Go Up!” This comeback will be Mark‘s final one with the unit; but rest assured, you’ll be seeing plenty of him in other NCT sub units.
- Following the promotions of “I am Who,” Stray Kids will continue performing on the music show circuit with “Awkward Silence,” which they released the MV for this week.
- Monsta X‘s Joohyun dropped his new mixtape DWTD, along with the lead single “Red Carpet.”
- Lay‘s “Sheep” got a relift courtesy of Alan Walker. Which version do you prefer?
- Baekhyun and Loco came together for “Young,” which is the best performing Station track so far this season. Expect our review soon!
- VIXX‘s N unveiled a full performance video for “Last Fantasia.”
Teasers & Announcements
- Jimin Park (15&) is keeping things playful in the teasers for jiminxjamie. What do you think of the album sampler?
- 100% will deliver some Sunshine on September 3 with “Heart.”
- Nam Woohyun‘s mini solo album Second Write… is on it’s way September 3.
- Sunmi gave a Warning in her new MV teaser for “Siren.” Are you excited for the September 4 release?
- Nam Taehyun will make his official solo debut with “Star” on September 4.
- Got7 is gearing up for a multi-lingual comeback with Spanish, Chinese, English, and Korean teasers for the track “Lullaby” off of Present: You.
- It’s time for a new sub-unit and reality show package for SNSD Oh GG! Girls on Rest begins airing on September 3, while the unit’s debut track “Lil Touch” is set for a September 5 release.
- GWSN will debut on September 5 with The Park in the Night and the lead single “Puzzle Moon.” Check out the album preview here!
- The Boyz‘ first mini album will be headlined by the single “Right Here,” also set for release on the 5th.
- Pentagon‘s 7th mini album Thumbs Up! is due for September 10. This comeback will be only eight members as E’Dawn and Yan An are still on hiatus.
- Oh My Girl will also return on the 10th with their sixth mini album, Remember Me.
- Hoya‘s gearing up for a new digital single release on September 12.
- Former T-ara member Hyomin didn’t hesitate to sample “Bo Peep” in the MV teaser for her September 12 release, “Mango.”
- Dream Catcher is dropping mystery codes leading up to their comeback.
- Something’s “coming soon” for WJSN, most likely on September 19.
- Hitchhiker is set to release a new EDM track that features NCT‘s Taeyong and SNSD’s Sunny and Hyoyeon.
- B.A.P.’s Traince will follow the group as they produce their own VR game, and it’s been confirmed that Bang Yongguk will be participating in the show.
- Felicitations to U-Kiss, who celebrated their 10th anniversary.
- Henry has been cast in his first Hollywood film, A Dog’s Journey.
- High School Rapper’s Kim Yun-ho has signed with Brand New Music.
- Former Topp Dogg and Raina members, P-goon and Yumin tied the knot this week. Congrats!
- The trail of Happyface Entertainment against YG Entertainment regarding Mix Nine promotions has been delayed.
- RBW Entertainment plans to take strong legal action for malicious online comments towards Mamamoo members.
- NCT members and Lay will participate in an upcoming Michael Jackson tribute.