Welcome to another edition of SB Week in Review! Here’s all the news you might have missed:
- Former South Korean president Park Geun-hye was sentenced to 24 years in prison and a fine of 18 million won for a multitude of corruption charges surrounding her collusion with Choi Soon-sil.
- Sexual assault charges against Shinee‘s Onew have been officially dropped by the prosecution.
- TV personality Kim Saeng-min stepped down from his multiple MC-ing roles following a Dispatch report that revealed his sexual harassment against a female staffer in 2008. Kim acknowledged the incident with an official apology to the victim and his fans, while SM C&C announced he will step down from all his current projects and pay penalties for the cancelation of all his current CF deals.
- This past Wednesday marked the 70th anniversary of the Jeju uprising. Politicians and celebrities alike took time to apologize and pay tribute to those who lost their lives. While the truth of the Jeju massacre is still being uncovered, it is estimated that between 25,000 and 30,000 people lost their lives during the political struggle that lasted from 1948 to 1954.
Debuts & Comebacks
- Winner finally returned with “Everyday” and a new mini album. They also treated us to a tipsy version of the single through Dingo.
- Giving Winner’s “Everyday” choreography a run for it’s money, is the scratchying dance for Oh My Girl Banhana‘s “Banana Allergy Monkey.”
- EXID tried out a throwback style in “Lady.” What do you think of the new sound?
- Our reviewer appreciated Pentagon‘s take on first crushes in “Shine.”
- CLC released a follow-up release to “Black Dress” with the MV for “Distance.”
- The second installment of TVXQ‘s comeback came in the form of “Love Line.”
- Project group YDPP happily “Love It Live It” in a new MV. Anyone else having trouble keeping up with the all Produce 101 Season 2 project groups?
- The Boyz said “Giddy Up” in their latest MV. Also, the group’s fanclub is officially The B — another classic case of maybe not thinking the name through.
- 2AM‘s Jinwoon shared the seasonally appropriate single, “Erasing.”
- In another spring-y release, VAV shared the special MV for “Flower.”
- Flowsik and Jessi collaborated for “Wet.”
- Primary and Anda also came together for the unique project/visual album, Don’t Worry Be Happy.
- The Unit‘s UNB debuted with “Sense.”
- Great Guys came back with “Ganda.”
- SS501‘s Heo Yeong-sang teamed up with Mad Clown for his latest solo, “Fly Away.”
- NCT‘s Ten introduced “New Heroes” in this week’s SM Station. And because the NCT unit releases keep coming, NCT U also released the track “Yestoday.”
Teasers & Announcements
- Twice are ready to ask “What is Love?” with both an album teaser and a series of MV clips.
- Have you penciled in your weekly calendar for Exo-CBX‘s Blooming Days on April 10?
- Army are experiencing “Euphoria” at the hint of a second installment to BTS’ Love Yourself series. What do you make of the cryptic video?
- SNSD‘s Hyoyeon will be back as DJ Hyo sometime this month.
- IN2IT are teasing their first comeback, “Snapshot.”
- Fans can expect a special A Pink release on their 7th anniversary later this month.
- Mamamoo‘s Wheein is ready for her solo debut with the teaser for “Birth.”
- The album teaser is here for JBJ‘s final release, New Moon.
- Tiger JK will make his final comeback as Drunken Tiger on April 13.
- Lovelyz will return on April 23.
- BTS participated in a special memorial to Doctor Martin Luther King Jr, “The Dream Still Lives,” alongside many notable celebrities. The tribute video was made to honor the civil rights leader — and his legacy — on the 50th anniversary of his assassination.
- After a round of pointless controversy, T.O.P.‘s participation in the track “Flower Road” was concluded to not have violated any military service rules.
- Jackson will being taking a hiatus from Got7 activities for health reasons.
- Following a seemingly successful concert in North Korea over last weekend, it was revealed that Red Velvet‘s performance of “Red Flavor” was edited out of the North Korean broadcast.