Welcome to another edition of SB Week in Review! It’s the last of 2017! Here’s all the news you might have missed:
- JYP Entertainment released a statement stating the official disbandment of Miss A. While this didn’t come as a huge surprise to many, it’s sad to see yet another girl group go. Wishing them all the best in their careers ahead!
- The Korean Music Content Industry Association (KMCIA) have revised their policy for Gaon Charts 2018 in terms of the format of albums accepted. Previously, Gaon Charts did not count albums in different formats — such as G-Dragon‘s Kwon Ji Yong, which was sold in a USB. They have made changes to their policies to inclusive of digital tracks which may not be sold in the traditional format of CDs or via online streaming. Moreover, due to increased use of smartphones and wireless networks, Gaon Charts aims to place more weightage on streaming as compared to previous years.
Debuts & Comebacks
- There are a number of releases this week! Check out our playlist above for a compilation of all the comebacks!
- EXO released the music video for “Universe“, the title track of their winter album of the same name.
- Jia and Got7‘s Jackson get you in the “Mood” to party.
- Super Junior‘s Donghae composed a “Perfect” song for Cadillac.
- SM Town released a concert audio of “Dear My Family“. The video pays tribute to Jonghyun by including a message for him and several of his pictures. All proceeds from this track will be donated to UNICEF.
- Eric Nam has released a soothing ballad, “Hold Me“.
- Dean pleased his fans with “Instagram“.
- Day6 continue to impress. They released a live video for “Better Better”, one of the tracks on Moonrise.
- Chuu, the newest member of Loona, debuted with “Heart Attack“.
- Just before his military enlistment, G.Soul released a soulful R&B track called “I’ll Be There“.
- Love is like a “Parade” in Younha‘s new music video.
- Samuel Kim and Kreisha Chu sang a sweet duet, “Pink Pink“, a sound track for a webtoon of the same name.
- Black Pink dropped their cover of Wonder Girls’ “So Hot” on YouTube, which they performed during the SBS Gayo Daejeon 2017. The track can also be found on Soundcloud.
- Uhm Jung Hwa dropped the MV for “She” off her 10th album, The Cloud Dream of Nine.
Teasers & Announcements
- Momoland has released a cute, retro teaser for their upcoming music video, “Bboom Bboom”.
- 2PM‘s Wooyoung has announced his 2nd mini album on January 15, with the title “When We Break Up”, although it remains unclear if that is the album name or title track.
- Block B will return with a repackage of Montage on January 8.
- Jo Kwon is set to release a new digital single on January 10, with a mystery artist.
- Mamamoo teased their fans with a comeback titled “Paint Me“.
- Laboum‘s comeback is approaching on January 2nd, though details remain vague.
- Kreisha Chu has dropped a video teaser for “Like Paradise”.
- TRCNG shared their teasers for a their comeback album, titled Who Am I, to be expected on January 2. They also shared a video teaser for their title track, “Wolf Baby“.
- Stray Kids have released the track list as a teaser for their pre-debut album, Mix Tape, scheduled for January 8.
- YG Entertainment and JTBC are teaming up to broadcast a prison reality show, Let’s Live Kindly. The first episode is slated for January 19.
- Black Pink has also released a teaser for their reality show, Black Pink House. The show will air every Saturday starting on January 6, with a total of 12 episodes.
- Park Hyo-shin will be releasing a digital single, “Sound of Winter”, although a specific release date has not been set.
- N.Flying has released a music video teaser, “Dreaming Potato“.
- U-Kiss‘s Soohyun has quietly enlisted in the army this week. We wish him a fruitful time in the army!
- Psy might be leaving YG Entertainment to set up an independent agency.
- Actress Kim So-hyun has signed under with a independent label under Loen Entertainment.