Do you want to be an active participant in the K-pop fandom? Have you ever wondered what it’s like to work for a website that covers Korean entertainment? Do you have a lot of opinions about Hallyu that you have been dying to share? Are you good with social media and enjoy sharing K-pop related content? Here is your opportunity to be a part of the Seoulbeats staff!
What We’re Looking For
- Writers who are interested in writing about music, dramas, film, variety shows, and socio-cultural topics. We want writers who can contribute at least once a week for up to six months. We do a lot of workshopping and training with potential applicants so we’re looking for writers who are open to suggestions and serious about improving their writing skills. We are very flexible and will work around your schedule.
- Social Media Specialists who can create intriguing and engaging posts using Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, and Instagram. We have a training program designed to help our social media candidates get familiar with the site’s content and posting requirements. This position is also very flexible and requires a contribution commitment of once a week for up to six months.
What You’ll Get
- Access to a lively and helpful resource of knowledgeable K-pop fans. Submerge yourself in a team of experts who can foster and develop your knowledge of all things Hallyu. Become a part of a vibrant community of fans who will nurture and challenge your perspectives on K-pop.
- The chance to have your voice and opinions heard on a large platform and receive extensive feedback from not only editors, but also from your peers and our ever vocal readers.
- Build your resume and portfolio while learning from a lot of great mentors. Our writers have been able to use the work they’ve done for Seoulbeats for their professional careers.
- The opportunity to get close to idols and other Korean celebrities by covering and attending events. We don’t have a requirement for location since our work is done remotely, but if you’re located in or are willing to travel to a major city where K-pop artists visit from time to time, you may be able to cover concerts on occasion.
If you’re interested in applying for either position (or both), just send us the following items in an email to recruiting[at]seoulbeats.com with the subject line “September 2017: [Your name]”
- Tell us the position(s) you are applying for, either: 1) Writer, 2) Social Media Specialist, or 3) Both.
- Only if you are applying to be a writer: please send us a sample of K-pop writing that you’ve done before. This sample should show us your writing style and your ability to parse K-pop current events. The recommended length is approximately 500 words. If you don’t have a prior writing sample, you may write something specifically for this application. Please copy and paste the writing sample into the body of your email.
- For all applicants: list three reasons why you would be a good fit for the team.
If you have applied in the past and wish to apply again, you are more than welcome to do so!
We’ll be accepting applications until Monday, September 18 at 11:59 PM EST
Best of luck to all applicants and feel free to ask any questions in the comments or in the body of your application email.