It’s time to ask yourself that question once again: to join or not to join? It’s been a while since our last round of recruitment, so you definitely have had enough time to think about it. Will you take the plunge and join our amazing team of talented writers and staff?
WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
– Writers who are particularly interested in writing about dramas, film, socio-cultural analysis, TV/variety shows, fashion, humor and breaking news.
– Writers who can contribute for at least six months. We do a lot of workshopping and training with potential applicants so we’re looking for someone who can grow with the team and is serious about improving their writing skills. If you’re in-between jobs or in-between semesters and you just want to do this for funsies, please do not apply. Serious applicants only!
– Applicants who are 18 and above, or have graduated from high school. Great opportunity for college students (or college graduates) looking to gain real world experience!
WHAT YOU GET:
– One of the most lively and helpful teams ever. Submerge yourself in a community of writers and experts who can foster and develop your knowledge of all things Hallyu — and non-Hallyu, too.
– The chance to write about K-pop on a large platform, and the ability to dabble in many media, whether it’s writing, editing, podcasting, or photo/videojournalism.
– If you’re personally interested in a career in writing, you’ll be able to build your portfolio, and you’ll be able to learn from a lot of great mentors. Our writers have been able to use the research and writing they’ve done for Seoulbeats for their professional careers.
– We don’t have a requirement for location since our work is done remotely, but if you’re in a major city where K-pop artists visit from time-to-time, you may be able to attend concerts on occasion.
If you’re interested in applying, just send us the following two items in an email to mark[at]seoulbeats.com with the subject line “October 2014: [Your name]”:
1) A writing sample. Send us a sample of K-pop writing that you’ve done before. This sample should show us your writing style and your ability to parse K-pop current events. The recommended length is approximately 500-600 words. Please copy and paste the writing sample into the body of your email.
2) Three reasons why you would be a good fit for the team.
If you have applied in the past and wish to apply again, feel welcome to do so!
We’ll be accepting applications until Sunday, October 19 at 11:59 PM EST.
Good luck and let us know if you have any questions in the comments section below!
(Images via SM Entertainment, YG Entertainment)