There’s nothing as short and sweet as a mini-album. Usually comprised of a heavily promoted single, two or three other tracks that act as a complementary accompaniment to the lead single, and one or two mandatory ballads or slower pieces, mini-albums are the standard promotional package for artists who want to get releases out fast but still have it pack enough of a punch to make coin on selling the physical album.
For the sake of clearly defining the parameters of what we mean by a “mini album,” it’s any album with six or less songs, and at least 3 newly released songs, not including intro/outro tracks which are less than 2 minutes long. If an album does not fall into this category, chances are it will qualify as a full album. In which case, you can vote for it here!
What is your favorite mini album of the year?
Here’s how it works:
1) Nominate an entry in the comments section by writing the artist name and mini album title in the following format.
Artist – Mini Album Title
Eg. SNSD – The Boys
Please refer to the requirements above regarding the required number of songs. Only mini albums that were released on or after January 1st, 2013 will be considered. Any nominees which the Seoulbeats staff deems unfit for the poll’s criteria will be disqualified.
2) Entries can only be made as a new comment. Entries made in reply to another comment will not be counted.
3) Before nominating a new entry, please thoroughly check to make sure that the song has not already been nominated. Duplicate entries will not be counted twice! Therefore, it would be counterproductive to nominate an entry more than once because it could potentially split up the overall votes for that entry.
4) Once an entry has been nominated, vote for it by clicking the up arrow beneath the comment which nominates the entry. We’re only concerned about up votes; down votes will not be factored in.
5) The entry with the most up votes by December 27th 11:59 PM EST will be declared the winner! Check back later for a special Best of 2013 post dedicated to the winning entries.
We reserve the right to delete any comment which does not adhere to the rules above, or disqualify any nominees which we do not feel meet the poll’s criteria. Sharing comments and links to reinforce the nominated entries is highly encouraged.
May the odds be ever in your favor!
The poll is now closed. Thank you for voting!