Congratulations are in order for Crazy in Love couple singer Baek Ji-young and actor Jung Suk-won who announced, amidst rumors circulating in the media of a break up, that they will be getting married in June–and no, she isn’t pregnant. Chalk one up for the noonas as Baek Ji-young proves that life isn’t over at 30 in K-pop as the 37 year old singer got her hottie (Jung will be 28 this year) and will marry him, too.
Probably the craziest love story that broke this week was the revelation of Tony An and Girl’s Day‘s Hyeri. Sports Seoul had said that they would reveal a new idol couple, but I don’t think most fans saw this one coming. The agencies of both have confirmed that the two began seeing each other in March. The craziest thing of all–the 16 year age difference. When Tony was in h.o.t. and at the height of his fame, Hyeri was… 3.
Crazy in K-pop:
- Making comebacks this week: Gavy NJ with “Farewell Cinema,” Show Me the Money winner Double K rhymed about “Hot Pants,” C-CLOWN returned with a “Shaking Heart,” Kim Tae-woo participates in a tribute album for famous Canadian composer David Foster with “Goodbye,” 4Men had a “Thank You” for fans as well as D-unit featuring Beenzino, Standing Egg came back with new album Ambler and G-Dragon goes a little bit crazy in theMV for his single “Michi GO.”
- will.i.am released the track “Getting Dumb” featuring apl.de.ap and 2NE1, which is a track on his new album #Willpower that will drop on the 23rd.
- Teasing us this week were: T-ARA‘s sub-unit T-ARA N4 teased us with “Jeon Won Diary,” Cheeze with “Mango,” Roy Kim with “Bom, Bom, Bom,” LYn will return with “Even I’ve Just Loved You,” Woollim released a teaser for Yoo Ji-ae‘s “Delight,” Juniel teased “Pretty Boy Party” in anticipation of her3rd mini album Fall in L which will be released on the 25th, Star Empire will debut a new boy band IMPACT, SHINee will drop the second part of their album Why So Serious? – The Misconceptions of Me sometime in April and promote it without Jong-hyun who is recovering from injuries he received in a car accident until he heals, U-KISS sub-unit uBEAT will release their album Should have Treated You Better on April 22nd, and LOEN Entertainment have been releasing a series of off-beat teasers to introduce the members of it’s new boy band History that will debut on the 26th.
- LEDApple continued their Music Note series with a cover of Justin Bieber‘s “As Long As You Love Me” Lunafly did a great cover of James Arthur‘s version of “Impossible” and Block B‘s Zico, Crush and of Ugly Ducking from Buckwild Crew do a cover of Gaeko‘s “Rhythm is Life.”
- Urban Zakapa sang for the Nine OST with “Just A Little,” Kyuhyun and Luna sang the song “Shine Your Way” for the Korean release of The Croods, Boohwal‘s Jung Dong-ha sang “First Button” for the When A Man Loves OST, and SNSD‘s Tiffany sang “One Step Closer” for the All About My Romance OST.
- Good news for Taiwan fans as M!Countdown will be headed your way April 24th. Four groups: SHINee, SISTAR, T-ARA and INFINITE have already been confirmed to be performing live.
Crazy in K-drama:
- Actress Moon Geun-young will return to the small screen as the lead in the MBC K-drama Goddess of Fire, Jeongi. It’s a sageuk about the greatest potter in the Chosun era who just happens to be a woman.
- G.O. of MBLAQ and Rainbow‘s Woori will star in KBS‘ second idol special Love and War 2. They’ll be a young couple that goes through the ups and downs of being a young couple in love while dating and getting married.
Crazy in K-variety:
- It was announced that SHINee‘s Taemin and APink‘s Na-eun will be the new couple on We Got Married. They’ll be the new youngest couple on the show with him turning 20 this year (7/18/93) and she recently turning 19 (2/10/94). This will supposedly be the first ‘relationship’ for each as neither have dated seriously or been in love. Hmm, crazy cute or crazy boring?
- In CF news, Coca Cola released their new CF featuring all the members of Infinity Challenge and Running Man‘s Lee Kwang-soo‘s new CF for Fanta was released which also starred APink‘s Eun-ji and Teen Top‘s Niel.
- Super excited for Kang Ho-dong’s new variety show Barefoot Friends. The cast includes singer/MC Yoon Jong-shin, comedian Yu Se-yun, singer Kim Bum-soo, SS501’s Kim Hyun-joong, actor Yoon Si-yoon, Super Junior’s Eunhyuk, and After School’s UEE. The concept seems to be a mix of 1N2D and Family Outing (my fave K-variety ever) which isn’t a huge surprise because the head PD is Jang Hyuk-jae who was the head PD of Family Outing. Barefoot Friends will debut at 4:55pm on April 21st on SBS as part of their Good Sunday programming. The show takes the spot vacated by K-pop Star 2 and will precede Running Man—which could prove to be a killer 1-2 punch for SBS. Check out the teaser of the first episode in which the cast and crew travelled to Vietnam.