Here are my brief thoughts about this MV from 5dolls:
- Jay Park is too cute in his varsity jackets and school uniform.
- Can I say high school dating dramz? Yeesh. Love triangles+hormones= not pretty. (Been there. Done that.)
- I had completely forgotten that Jay is such a sick dancer. I could watch him pop and lock and isolate all night long.
- I don’t like that the girl changed her dance style to get his attention. Especially because I think he was already interested in her before she started dancing to hip hop. (But, I do appreciate that she was a great dancer- both in the modern/ballet/jazz and in the hip hop genres from what was featured in the video.)
- WHAT WAS UP WITH THAT ENDING??
Overall, the song was just “meh” in my opinion. There wasn’t anything too interesting about the lyrics or the melody. In fact, as I was watching the MV the music kind of just faded into the background…and I can’t even blame it all on casting Jay- as pretty as he is to look at, I actually found the love story plot to be pretty compelling, and was anticipating the girl’s redemption dance and getting her man until the very ending when… WHAM! The ever-so-dramatic cliffhanger. What’s a boy to do, btw?!
Although I don’t care too much for the song, the dramatic storyline and brusque ending of the MV have me interested to see where the continuation will pick up…until then, I guess! It’s too bad that “Lip Stains” isn’t a better song, because I really enjoyed CO-ED’s last two hits. Maybe this all-girls subgroup wasn’t the best idea for these 5 i-dolls. Or maybe they have more in store for us. For their sake, I really hope so.